what wheels other than a BX fit a BX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

clivetheitman
My Cars:

what wheels other than a BX fit a BX

Post by clivetheitman »

I know this may seem a daft question, but does anyone know what other citroen or other make of wheels will fit a citroen BX19 non turbo diesel hatch. the reason of asking is that I let my 18 year old son borrow the BX last week and he had a puncture. he managed to change the wheel ok and after tiding the jack ect away drove off sadly without the wheel with the puncture. so next day when I went to get the tyre replaced I found the wheel missing. as none of the local breakers yards near me have any BX's in them I am trying to find what else I can use as a spare. the BX has standard steel wheels and I am not after anything fancy or expensive hence the visits to the breakers yards.
thanks for any help.
Jon

Post by Jon »

The wheels interchange with ZX,xsara, berlingo, 205,306,405 etc etc with 14" wheels.
clivetheitman
My Cars:

Post by clivetheitman »

Thanks very much for the info.
I can now remove the nails I have used to secure my sons feet to the ground so I could kick him.[}:)] I am sure he will also appriciate this.[:D]
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

might want to make sure they are the same width as well, normally something like 5J or 5.5J will be written on the wheel somewhere. I expect most standard zx's will have had wheels with 185/60/14's which is probably what your bx has so it should be ok anyway
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

There are 2 widths of standard alloys for BX. The silver finished ones are 5 1/2 J and the dark finished 16 valve ones are 6 J.
When fitted to the 8 valve GTi the silver wheels were fitted with 185/60 tyres. I expect you have 165/75 14's on your diesel. The Turbo diesel was fitted with 175/65's but these are not mentioned in the handbook.
The reason I mention this is that while 5 1/2 J is probably Ok for 165 section tyres 6 J probably is.
jeremy<font color="black"></font id="black"><font color="black"></font id="black"><font color="black"></font id="black">