Which Spark Plug for an XM ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AndUK

Which Spark Plug for an XM ?

Post by AndUK »

Firstly, I would like to say thank you for all the help I have had with my previous posts.
Great forum with helpful people.
I am trying to identify which plug I should use for my Citroen XM 2.0 Turbo Automatic 1995.
I have been informed that for models up to 7/95 it is a Champion RC7BMC and for models from 8/95 it is Champion RC8DMC.
The earlier model has the lesser horse power 2.0 Turbo engine.
My car is registered 2/95, but it is a Mark 2 XM.
I thought the Mark 2 Citroen would have come with the higher horse power engine but it doesn't appear to be the case, if the above recommendations are correct.
The reason for all this concern?
My car is pinking and I suspect I have been advised wrongly by a local car parts shop as to which plugs I should use (In this case - Bosch Super FR7 DC9)
Yes I know, maybe I should have gone to Citroen in the first place but I would still be interested in your comments.
Thank you.
AndUK
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

If you have your XM owner's brieflet manual - you'll find the correct type plugs listed here. Citroen specifies Eyquem plugs - which are widely availabe and known to be a no-problem part.
Bosch plugs are branded quality plugs - but it can be a nuisance to find the correct type if the engine is not OEM specified for these.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Eyquem list it as RFC58LZ2E
I can'r x-ref it to Champion. NGK list as BKR6EZ.
AndUK

Post by AndUK »

Thank you Jon, but I have it listed as NGK BKR6EK and not as you say, NGK BKR6EZ.
See what I mean?
Can't seem to find the definitive answer.
AndUK
Jon

Post by Jon »

Ah, I know the answer to that, the BKR6EK is being replaced by BKR6EZ by NGK. They interchange anyway. This plug fits the majority of modern petrol engined Citroens (TU and XU engines).
Nikolaymk

Post by Nikolaymk »

Best thing to do is go on the NGK.com website - they'we got a pretty good system that after a few questions on the car spec tells you the exact part number.