My first error code

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bandit12
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: C5 X7 diesel exclusive

My first error code

Post by Bandit12 »

I got my first error code last night while driving home from a mates house and would be grateful for any guidance as to exactly what it means and how to resolve.

While doing 70 (not 80 officer honest!) on motorway the service light and engine warning light popped up and it said "Engine-exhaust emission control fault". I restarted the car this morning with no change. If it helps I can confirm that when Ben82 put it on his lexia a couple of weeks ago the lexia told us the diesel additive was running low but there was no independant warning from the car itself. Are these 2 things linked and will topping up the eolys tank solve the problem?

I have the MOT booked for the first week of July and presume the fault code will have to be cleared for the car to pass. Can this only be done via a lexia?
Any advice is appreciated.
2002 Citroen C5 2.2Hdi exclusive estate (sadly gone) :(
2009 Citroën C5 X7 2.0 hdi (136bhp) exclusive estate (Oh wow what an upgrade) 8-)
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: My first error code

Post by RichardW »

Lexia required.... the warning message is just generic. If the fault was temporary, then the EML may go off again after a few starts, or it may not :lol: Either way the code will be stored so best to get it Lexia'd so that you know what it is/was.
Richard W
Bandit12
(Donor 2020)

Post by Bandit12 »

Many thanks for that Richard, to be on the safe side I've ordered a litre of DPX42 and the filling kit. I've found the pics and explanation on this forum very informative, thanks to one and all for posting. One question tho. I've successfully located the EOLYS tank. How do i separate the filling pipe from it's elbow connector? Do you just pull it apart or is there a special technique or tool requred?
2009 Citroën C5 X7 2.0 hdi (136bhp) exclusive estate (Oh wow what an upgrade) 8-)
Bandit12
(Donor 2020)

Post by Bandit12 »

Good news, I left the car overnight then started it in the morning and no error codes or warning lamps lit up so am a happy bunny. Just waiting on the DPX to arrive. Next job after that is the auto gearbox oil change. Crikey that oils expensive!