S2 Xantia instrument lighting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

S2 Xantia instrument lighting

Post by Stewart(oily) »

Last night I drove my latest 2000 Xantia with the lights on for the first time, half of the dash appears to be unlit, then my new Haynes manual arrives and there is a note in the relevant section stating that some of the illumination is not replaceable ? Has anyone been inside one ? are there the familiar black bulbholders and tiny capless bulbs in there ?
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: S2 Xantia instrument lighting

Post by RichardW »

Haynes, unsurprisingly, talks bollox on the issue :lol: Std capless bulbs in there, for illumination at least.
Richard W
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

Thanks for that, I now have three Haynes Xantia manuals, the bollocks in question was in the newest.
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

RichardW wrote:Haynes, unsurprisingly, talks bollox on the issue :lol:
Hence why it's known around these parts as the BoL or Book of Lies..

You think the Xantia one is bad? have a look at the XM one. It's a riot :evil:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

CitroJim wrote:
Hence why it's known around these parts as the BoL or Book of Lies..

You think the Xantia one is bad? have a look at the XM one. It's a riot :evil:
I'm not sure if it IS a riot, or CAUSES one!

IT is (fairly) simple to replace the bulbs, but (as usual) the Haynes BoL is talking BoLoX, as they have not updated for removing the S2 dash. You don't need to remove the steering wheel, as the shrouds can now be removed with the wheel in place. I would get about 40 bulbs and replace them all (saves on the hassle), but the two in the heater controls have a different design, in that they have a shallow captive cap. I don't have the part numbers for either bulb, sorry.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!