I'm back!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

I'm back!

Post by demag »

Well it's been a few years since I was in these hallowed halls. But I am once again the owner of a shiny Citroen. My last was a Bx Txs which I see is now up for sale again over on the Bx Club forum. The new motor is an 08 Citroen Berlingo Mk III Vtr hdi 90 and I picked it up last Saturday. I think it must be one of the earliest in the country being registered in June 08. I've been over on the Berlingo forum but it tends to be fairly quiet over there so thought I would pop back in here. I'm hoping to get to Wicksteed Park with a bit of luck so hopefully might see a few peeps there.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

...it tends to be fairly quiet over there
What, quieter than a Berlingo strut top mount?

Andre does a good job, but it would be nice to see him find a way to beat the spam attacks faster.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: I'm back!

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome back Demag and good to see you again :-D

Those 'Lingos are jolly good motors. I'd have one in a heartbeat if reasons dictated I could no longer run my current collection...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

Hi Addo and Jim.
Thanks for the welcome. :) It's nice to be back. I think it's been about 5 years since I was here and in that time I've owned a Fiat Multipla, Renault Grand Scenic, Kia Carens, Skoda Roomster and now the Berlingo. All diesels. all fun in their own way but without doubt the Scenic was the worst by a long stretch and I wasn't sad to see it go. The Multipla was fun, very quirky (some would say ugly :shock: ) but the clutch was awful. It's a common fault on them which is usually caused by the flywheel and ends up costing the best part of £1k to fix. Also the heater was about as useful as a chocolate teapot. In the winter it froze inside, the gearchange cables froze and the handbrake froze. The Kia was nice. A very solid car, the doors closed with a lovely thunk. It was automatic with an adaptive gearbox and didn't drive right when I bought it. It wanted to keep changing down at the slightest opportunity and it took me a while to find out it was the memory that was causing the problem. Eventually I pulled the room/memory fuse and it was transformed and drove like a new car. :) The Skoda Roomster was almost the perfect small car apart from an awful heater and really poor headlights. Also it was just a touch small for my taste, hence I now have the Berlingo. Fuel economy was amazing, it would average 50-55mpg around town and on a run usually over 60mpg. I was coming back from Southend in it with my sister and we were on the M1, she was driving and she couldn't believe we were doing 70mph and 65mpg. It really was that good. I bought the Berlingo on Saturday and my sister bought the Roomster from me. I've only done 40 miles in the Berlingo, been taking some rubbish to the tip and already it's averaging 47mpg which is really impressive for what is a big motor.
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

I drove a 2.0hdi model at weekend. Fantastic space. Not a great front seat for my liking but great entry in and out of it.
Not great on the twisty though but it is a big ungainly size. Some amount of headroom! It may be a future possible but I certainly don't see it a fun car?
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2