Xantia mk2 antenna replace

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

longgo
My Cars: was Xantia I LPG
now - Xantia II
wish DS23

Xantia mk2 antenna replace

Post by longgo »

Here is my version of that repair

* remove the right hand front window column plastic cover

!! Here is the place to mention that if your car have interior light over the rear inside mirror the taking it out i presume will skip the idea of the follow procedure, but mine car haven`t it that`s why i continue:

* take off the sun shades hinge via 2 torx 20 bolts remove , and their other holders. In my car that was one screw, in some models can be 2
* once make that, the roof cover front part fell down and make enough space to work in. Take small ratchet with 8mm(short one) tip and small pin/or tiny screwdriver
Last ones are needed to take that metal cap out:

* under is the nut :

* and just take it out - PLEASE, be sure that you have the right shape base mount antenna!!
Тоест аналогична форма и размер на поставката и пин предотвратяващ завъртане.

If you decide to change the cable also, cut close to that metal end the original one, attach to it the new one on it`s radio plug and plug it to the radio follow the route of the original one.

Old:

New:

The on reverse order fit all together BUT! be careful if put back that metal sh*t cover back. I drop it inside that small area under the antenna and there hopefully was small U-shape hole that i pull it through via wire.

Good luck!