c5 2.0 vtr

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

garyhugo
New User

c5 2.0 vtr

Post by garyhugo »

hi for 2 months i have owned and loved my 56 plate vtr until the common de pollution fault i am lucky in that i have good access to decent diagnostics including lexia the car is" chuffing" ie take the oil filler cap off and a rythmic discharge of smoke occurs.As the car now approaches 150k miles i am pondering reconditioned or known good replacement engine.I would be ever so grateful for any pointers recommendations ect in either regard. By the way i love reading the topics/replies its kind of a continuos "honest John" exchange!
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: c5 2.0 vtr

Post by wheeler »

garyhugo wrote: the car is" chuffing" ie take the oil filler cap off and a rythmic discharge of smoke occurs.
Sounds completely normal to me, unless the pressure is excessive but then it would be blowing the dipstick out too. Are there any running faults ? does it go through a lot of oil ? what does lexia say about the AP fault ?
this engine if looked after should easy be good for at least another 50k.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Sounds simply like a bit of engine wear. As long as it isn't using vast amounts of oil it's safe to ignore it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
garyhugo
New User

Post by garyhugo »

many thanks for reply i will come back to you on the exact codes from both lexia and latest snap on the original problem was over fueling no1 injector replaced£211.00 eurocarparts lasted 12miles and fault de pollution came back up cant get back to lexia (friend in dealers on hols till mon) snap on says injectors 2+3 distribution fault swapped around injectors checked pulses etc no different runs as though on 3 cylinders. Up to my ears in work but will post snap on codes tomorrow thanks again