Diagbox cd

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

horsedentist

Diagbox cd

Post by horsedentist »

Has anyone got a good copy of diagbox available please willing to pay, beg, grovel etc :lol:
Eric
Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: Diagbox cd

Post by Mandrake »

No need to pay, beg or grovel :lol:

The best place to get hold of a copy of the latest version of Diagbox is to download it from here:

http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/sho ... p?tid=2391" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You'll need to register on that forum to access the thread but once you do you'll find the latest versions appear there first. The recent versions from 7.02 onwards are very much easier to install than the older versions, its more or less fully automated with not much to go wrong, compared to the versions supplied with a lot of Lexia kits that had a complicated manual install process that was prone to fail unless you followed every step perfectly. The download size is over 1GB though.

If your interface won't work with the latest version of Diagbox it may be a Chinese clone with a blacklisted chip in it, in which case the latest version you can use is Diagbox 5.29 which you should also be able to find in that thread.

There's some discussion towards the end of this thread too:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 0&start=90" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you have trouble downloading from that site I think I might still have a copy of the installers for 7.06 in my rapidshare account (I can't check from work as rapidshare is blocked :twisted: ) in which case I could PM you the download links from home.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
horsedentist

Post by horsedentist »

Many thanks will have a look there.
Eric
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Eric,

I've got a copy I can let you have. PM me your details and I'll drop it in the post.
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Your links are getting this message now Mandrake. Sorry but you cannot register at this time because the administrator has disabled new account registrations.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Out of my control I'm afraid, its just a link to a thread on another car forum where the developer who releases Diagbox patches (scarymistake) resides.

Previously it was possible to read that forum without registering, I noticed yesterday when I went back there for the first time in a month or so that it now seems to be necessary to register to read threads, so I registered yesterday and can still log in today. I'm guessing they're just having problems with the forum possibly a flood of spam bots trying to register, give it a a day or so and it will most likely be back.
Simon

1978 CX 2400
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Looks like the auto-professionals forum is still not allowing new registrations. I'm still able to access it though, so here is a copy of the doc files that contain links to the Diagbox 7.15 download:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/782 ... 207.15.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just unzip and read the contents of the two files for instructions on what to do. These are the exact same files provided in the auto-professionals forum thread.
Simon

1978 CX 2400
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I had a quick read of the doc files Mandrake, just wondered if this download is ok for my Lexia 3 that I bought through the Dickie G sticky at the top of the forum.

There seems to be some suggestion in the doc that choices need to be made depending on the kit you have.

I set my Lexia up when I first bought it and used it just once before the laptop battery died, haven't tried it again until this week but now get the 'you must validate' message popping up when I connect it to the car.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Was yours from easydiagnostics or was it one of the earlier ones that Dickie G was group buying ?

If its the easydiagnostics one (which I have) it will run any version including the latest, if its the earlier group buy ones then I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that question, you'll need to confirm with Dickie G the latest version that he ran on his. (I believe he no longer has that one as it broke down and he wasn't able to get a replacement from the seller, and he now uses an easydiagnostics one)

Do you happen to remember whether it came with Diagbox or Lexia, and what version ?

It's very hard to sift through all the confusing and conflicting information on the topic (believe me I've tried) but it appears that interfaces fall into two basic types:

1) Chinese clones with an interface chip that is blacklisted in Diagbox versions after 5.29. These typically were sold on Ebay with Lexia 3.45 (or similar) and no copy of Diagbox. They can only be updated to Diagbox 5.29 and I'm not sure if there is more than one varient of these, there may well be.

There is a guy (the same guy who writes and releases the Diagbox patches, "scarymistake") who says he can reflash the interface to work with the latest versions of Diagbox but I doubt whether its worth the hassle when it would involve sending the interface away to Europe to someone going under a non-de-plume for an unknown amount of money and an unknown amount of time. :lol: Better to spend the money on one known to work IMHO.

2) 100% compatible interfaces that can run any version of Diagbox up to the latest. This includes the ones from easydiagnostics, as well as a few select sellers on ebay, a few forum members such as Ben82 have bought theirs from ebay, so whilst a large percentage of the ebay ones are the chinese clones, some are the better ones. If they come with Diagbox 6.xx or 7.xx in theory they should be fine and run the latest software, however I would recommend only buying from a seller whom other forum members have bought from and can recommend.

It's unclear to me whether these 100% compatible interfaces are just clones that have already been reflashed before sale, or whether they are genuine Citroen/Peugeot interfaces sold through the grey market... I think probably the latter as there appear to be physical differences between the cheaper Chinese clones and these ones, in details such as the quality of the wiring inside the connectors and differences in the PCB's.

To find which software works for yours might be a case of suck it and see unfortunately.

Because its becoming more difficult to find downloads of Diagbox especially the older 5.29 I've gathered together all the files and uploaded them on my mega.co.nz account to give forum members one easy fast place to download them. :) These are the exact same files provided by scarymistake, and currently I have the files for Diagbox 5.29 and Diagbox 7.15.

Diagbox 5.29:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!mMAkSKbY!XLBJ5AGUSi4WN0fmYwEfIg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Diagbox 7.15:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!jJJ11IhI!Kr2p1iBUR4oxVw_oDec_bA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Every now and then I'll update the files for 7.xx as new releases come out. The word document in each folder also includes the original download locations.
Last edited by Mandrake on 07 Jun 2013, 12:04, edited 1 time in total.
Simon

1978 CX 2400
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Easy Diagnostics say that they can flash any Lexia 3 kit to support the latest software;

http://www.easydiagnostics.co.uk/#/lexi ... 4573005700" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Mine was one of the earlier ones with Lexia 3.45 but at the time Dickie G was saying that it came from a better source than the first lot he offered and was better made.

I struggled to load the original software but succeeded in the end, as I said though the damned laptop battery failed and it's been sitting idle until this week.

I might be interested in the re-flash offer in hell razor's post.