Pollution Fault, DMF question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sergiup

Pollution Fault, DMF question

Post by sergiup »

Hello folks,
The barge seems to have had enough of the London air - I was driving behind an old Fiat 500 on Saturday (late) night, and the Pollution Fault reared its ugly head, made me limp for a couple of hundred yards, then power was back. It cleared itself the next day with no other signs, so I'll get the Lexia out later today and see what the actual error was.

The second part of this is about DMF judder; I have no idea what this should actually feel like, but I do feel one thing; when accelerating harder at relatively low revs (around 1000-1200 let's say), I can feel a judder but it clears up once past 1500 rpm at most. If I ease off a little, it goes away. I don't feel anything unusual except for that, whether I'm pulling hard or anything else; even when going from a stand-still I don't really feel anything unusual. Does that sound at all like a DMF/clutch issue, or is it a normal reaction when at relatively low revs?

Thank you!
'59 C5 2.0 HDi 138 VTR+ - "wicked red"
Previous: '51 1.9 TDi Passat
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Re: Pollution Fault, DMF question

Post by SaabC5 »

What gear are you in trying to pull from 1000-1200rpm? My 2.2 will just about pull 1200rpm in third but only if you gently coax the speed up, if you try to accelerate normally it will judder and protest.

You might want to take the car for an Italian tune-up down a motorway for 30-40 miles to blow the crap out re the pollution message. (drive it hard once warmed up)
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
sergiup

Re: Pollution Fault, DMF question

Post by sergiup »

SaabC5 wrote:What gear are you in trying to pull from 1000-1200rpm? My 2.2 will just about pull 1200rpm in third but only if you gently coax the speed up, if you try to accelerate normally it will judder and protest.

You might want to take the car for an Italian tune-up down a motorway for 30-40 miles to blow the crap out re the pollution message. (drive it hard once warmed up)
I think you're on to something there, if I remember right it happens in third gear which would explain why it's fine if I gently ease off the clutch while speeding up, but protests if I try to let the clutch go too early. It doesn't feel like it's about to choke, it's more of the "judder and protest" that you say, so that's most likely it. Coincidentally, I'm almost certainly going to be remapping it in a few weeks so I'm curious how (not if - it should!) this will change its behaviour at lower revs.

I had a few miles down a motorway yesterday (maybe around 18 or so) but it had cleared up before that anyway. Lexia should help settle what it was.
'59 C5 2.0 HDi 138 VTR+ - "wicked red"
Previous: '51 1.9 TDi Passat