C5 MK1 2.0 HDI heater problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

c52002

C5 MK1 2.0 HDI heater problem

Post by c52002 »

Hi Guys, got a bit of a problem with my blower heater ! My C5 has seperate heaters for either side of the car. The left blower is sticking on hot and can take a few car journies with it set on 16 degrees for it to finally release itself and blow cold.
My question is, if I take the glove box out can I get access to the motor to disconnect it whilst it is set onto cold ? The summer is coming up and cold will be good until winter.

Cheers Kev.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: C5 MK1 2.0 HDI heater problem

Post by Peter.N. »

Hi Kev

I have exactly the same trouble with mine also the temperature setting sometimes changes at will, I think it may be the short shaft problem on the servo motor but I have yet to investigate mine. I think it only has one blower but the flap is sticking. I was told that you can access it after removing the glove box, if you do yours before I do mine, would be interested to know how you got on.

Peter
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

This is a known issue, and there are posts on the forum about it. There is only one heater system, but two flap systems (one for each side) to adjust the balance between hot and cold air. However, I cannot help any further than this, as I have no experience of C5s (other than what I have read here).

EDIT; This might help;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... em#p366576" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
c52002

Post by c52002 »

Hi guys, I have sort of solved this one (for now) I managed to get the left heater flap to go to its coolest point, and then unplugged the motor. Great for the summer, and when I get a bit of money together in the winter I will wip the glovebox out and replace the motor with another with a longer shaft.

Many thanks Kev.
waynedance

Post by waynedance »

Yeah very common problem, mine did the same and changed for the modded part.
The dealer did not know of the modded part until I gave him the part number from a post on here.
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.