Smaller Keyfob for C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ej2095
My Cars:

Smaller Keyfob for C5

Post by ej2095 »

Guys as the C5 mk1 keyfob is huge and a pain in the ass to have on your keys.

I have seen others on ebay with a smaller fob are these programmed the same way as when you re sync your old key?
C5 2.2 HDI Estate mk1 (With a anti theft fury dice device)
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: Smaller Keyfob for C5

Post by qprdude »

I think the smart money is on keeping clear of Ebay fobs and keys. Someone will be along soon who will be able to tell you, but there are a couple of posts about replacement keys on the forum. Try a search.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Re: Smaller Keyfob for C5

Post by Ben82 »

You can get replacement shells with uncut keys, but you're not going to get much of a space saving from that as you need to take the electronics from yours and put it in the new one for it to work... coupled with getting the new key cut, it's probably not worth the investment. A smaller fob is likely for a different variant of the fob, as you can see from this video the circuit board does take up a fair amount of room. with not much to be able to cut away. You cannot pair a 2nd hand key fob to your car either.

The key itself is fairly long anyway, so one that doesn't flip (without buttons) takes up a fair bit of space anyway.
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!