Xantia keys

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allanmc
My Cars:

Xantia keys

Post by allanmc »

When I bought the Petrol Xantia one of the key plips was empty can I put the board from the old plip in and if so what else do I need to do
Thanks
Allanmc
Xantia 2.0i SX Auto, 1999
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia keys

Post by CitroJim »

If they're both S1 or both S2 then yes you can Allan..

If S2 you'll need a Lexia to train it to the car..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
allanmc
My Cars:

Post by allanmc »

Thanks Jim, I have a Lexia but for some reason I removed it from my laptop but my son is reinstalling it for me then I will give it a try, Jim did you see my question about the amount of gearbox oil to put in the Petrol Xantia do I just drain and fill will you let me know please

Thanks
Allanmc
Xantia 2.0i SX Auto, 1999
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

All, jolly good... On the S2 you'll also need the CPH confidential code to enable the Lexia to train keys. This code is a four character alphanumeric code and was initially supplied on a scratchcard.

Allan, I'll look for the gearbox question as it depends on the gearbox...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Most of the BE manuals seem to take around 2 litres or just under. All I've ever done with the BE's (where they had a level plug!) was to slowly fill until it ran out then pop the level plug back in, it was (looking at the trans pump) nearly always 2litres give or take say 200ml.

Disclaimer: This is not on a Xantia though.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

spider wrote:Most of the BE manuals seem to take around 2 litres or just under. All I've ever done with the BE's (where they had a level plug!) was to slowly fill until it ran out then pop the level plug back in, it was (looking at the trans pump) nearly always 2litres give or take say 200ml.

Disclaimer: This is not on a Xantia though.
Andy, that's perfect advice for a BE :-D

I did a bit of digging and found Allan's original thread on this subject and he has an AL4 automatic. I've got him sorted on that... I have a PDF I can email on request explaining the process...
Jim

spider

Post by spider »

:)

I think "slowly" is a watchword here, too quick and it may bubble and run out a bit early. I guess there's no harm in rechecking the level a bit later after a run or a few days later though if in doubt. :)

A full re-fill I'd be worried if it took substantially less than 2 litres though.
Andy.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

spider wrote: A full re-fill I'd be worried if it took substantially less than 2 litres though.
1.7 litres for a BE3 Andy and 1.8 for a ML5.

They're not fussy. If you overfill they'll just blow it out of their breathers and make a mess...
Jim

spider

Post by spider »

CitroJim wrote:
spider wrote: A full re-fill I'd be worried if it took substantially less than 2 litres though.
1.7 litres for a BE3 Andy and 1.8 for a ML5.

They're not fussy. If you overfill they'll just blow it out of their breathers and make a mess...
:D well that's true.

Thanks for clarification. I do tend to rely on the level plug though more. I think when I said substantially I think if it only wanted say one litre I'd be having a short run up the road and back and then re-checking it in case it airlocked, although I cannot recall that happening. :)
Andy.

Sam KS
My Cars:

Post by Sam KS »

CitroJim wrote:I did a bit of digging and found Allan's original thread on this subject and he has an AL4 automatic. I've got him sorted on that... I have a PDF I can email on request explaining the process...
read the instructions carefully, when checking the fluid level you have to put the drain plug back in with the motor still running or when you turn it off some comes out. i did it wrong once #-o but released before i stuffed the transmission.
Citroën Xantia 75th Anniversary Limited Edition