Vel Satis

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Vel Satis

Post by lexi »

Just a wee update on this as I have had 15 months now. Trouble free. The odd false warning from the talking lady computer. She is a posh bird that sounds as though she has only had it the once.........then chucked it :lol: :lol:

You can poodle about with this thing..........but when you let rip, what a lovely V6 growl man. The bends are pretty good for a 1.8ton car..........not Xantia V6 good mind. Engine is a peach. I put rear shocks on and have changed the oil twice............that is it! The thing is minted and for the little I paid, I don't think it has dropped any money.

Just passed Mot with no ads. It can pitter patter on rough surfaces at the rear but rides well enough on smooth,especially at speed. The car is only on budget tyres. I will probably fit new ones end of year.........£ouch. I don't think I would have any of the other engine options and there are another 3. The Nissan Z engine has best reliability of them all.

It has a generous boot and probably too much rear seating area. Fantastic for picking up family or friends from airport but I am sat mostly solo in it. 3O mpg on the runs I do so not bad. 79K now so will be getting ATF changed out this year. Mmm......12 quid a litre is best price 3308 spec.
No regrets although with about 15 computers it may not be viable for long term, who knows?.........who cares? :-D
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
R9UKE
My Cars:

Re: Vel Satis

Post by R9UKE »

Glad you're enjoying it Lexi!

I put one of mine into daily service at the beginning of April and its done 2k faultless miles in that time. Doubt I'll ever be without one, best car Renault made in my opinion ;)
French is best.
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

Yip.
When driving them, you get a bit nit picky. When you get into something else you realise how bloody good they are and can't wait to get back in it.

French Mistresses gone.
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

Yup gotta agree, my VS was the most like car i've ever owned. Everybody asked what the hell it was and then fell for its sheer comfort when given a lift in it. If it wasn't for spare price parts i'd still have it today.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

Doing a regular run to Loch Awe from here is 160 miles all in. The computer is reading it at 36 mpg :shock:
Keeping below 60mph. That is driving Peter N style :-D

French Mistresses gone.
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2