C5 Tacho (Rev Counter) Not working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Timmy69
My Cars:

C5 Tacho (Rev Counter) Not working

Post by Timmy69 »

Hi Guys
After what happened to my Beloved Xantia i decided to go Citroen again and was going to buy a Picasso,but after reading some comments i decided what the heck and bought a C5,which i think are a similar sized Car.I went petrol instead of Diesel and bought the 1.8 version.
It has a couple of problems which i don't know if they are big or small..The first is that the Rev Counter isn't working.It sort of flickers a bit with the Engine on but thats about it.I am hoping you guys are going to tell me what a easy fix this is going to be:).
Second is that the keyfobs aren't working..going to try and get some batteries tomorrow hoping that may fix the issue.
And Last but not least it slightly blowing on the back section of the exhaust:( .
Looking forward to hearing from you again with any advice on the subjects
Thanks In Advance
Timmy
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: C5 Tacho (Rev Counter) Not working

Post by wheeler »

The rev counter inop will be a faulty stepper motor on the instrument panel, there was a link on here a while back where you could by replacements fairly cheaply. You cant buy the part seperate from citroen, they sell the full instrument panel.
Timmy69
My Cars:

Post by Timmy69 »

I have looked and can't seem to find one on a C5.I have seen a few comments about the Xantia's and the other marques :(

Timmy
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Sorry, search for speedo stepper motor, they are both the same part, but its usually the speedo one that fails but the repair I the same. A quick search brought up this > http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... er#p311455" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

This is the part you need but double check with the supplier, they also offer a repair service for your old one for not much money.

http://allway.en.gasgoo.com/auto-products/1513279.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Timmy69
My Cars:

Post by Timmy69 »

Thanks For the replies guys..Gonna have to take it apart when i get time