Bluetooth obd?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MonkeyMark

Bluetooth obd?

Post by MonkeyMark »

Hi all,
Does anyone know if the elm327 Bluetooth adaptors work on a 03 C8?
Happy(ish) C8 owner.
MonkeyMark

Re: Bluetooth obd?

Post by MonkeyMark »

Oh well, i guess no one knows.
Happy(ish) C8 owner.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

MonkeyMark wrote:Oh well, i guess no one knows.
Probably not. You might have to be the guinea pig who tries it first and reports back. ;) They're not that expensive ?

What is it you're wanting to do with it exactly, just check and clear fault codes, or more fancy stuff ?

I suspect most of us who want to run diagnostics on a Citroen just go for a Lexia, the prices have come down to the point where it almost becomes an impulse buy if you already have a suitable laptop, then you have a device that can do almost everything that a dealer can on any model of Citroen/Peugeot, making it a good investment if you have multiple PSA cars or are likely to buy others in the future... :)

I have one for my Xantia although I could probably get by without it, but doing my own maintenance I wouldn't dream of being without one for the later models C5 and onwards due to the large number of onboard ECU's and potential issues... I would consider it an essential piece of my tool kit just like my spanners, socket set, ramps etc... it's the way the world is going unfortunately.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
MonkeyMark

Post by MonkeyMark »

Thanks for the reply.

I will be getting a lexia at some point but im actually buying this for my other car and wondered if it would work on this too.

I'll be getting one very soon and i'll give it a go on the C8 and report back to let others know.
Happy(ish) C8 owner.
Jabo
My Cars:

Post by Jabo »

It works fine on my 2001 petrol C5 and very well should work on your car.

Of course you will need software to interact with it too. Torque Pro for Android is my recommendation.
2001 Citroen C5 SX 2.0 petrol - Misty Lilac

0-60 MPH Calculator - Android app - https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... zero60full" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Weight Transfer Calculator - Android app - https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... ansfercalc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;