406 Headlight Beam Adjusters

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

colinfor

406 Headlight Beam Adjusters

Post by colinfor »

I have established that one of the motorised units that adjust the headlamp reflectors isnt working. Proven by moving the serviceable unit to the side that was previously inoperative.
What are these units called ? How much do I expect to pay for a new one ? Spoke with the Peugot garage today, but they didnt call back !
colinfor

Post by colinfor »

OK sorted out now. Still dont know what they are called, but the Pug garage said they were in the region of 50 quid !!! Something I can do without I thought. One of my work colleagues suggested getting into it ourselves; nothing ventured nothing gained ! Got it apart eventually, prised the motor out, dismantled the motor itself to find the commutator all gunged up with what looked like superglu residue !!! Anyway cleaned that off, WD40 into the otor body, 3 in 1 onto the end bearings, stuck a 9V PP3 battery on the motor and away it went ! Reassembled the device and fitted back to the car. Hey presto it works, what a bonus !
macaroni
My Cars:

Post by macaroni »

Well done Chief. That's the kind of attitude we like around here. Screw the dealers and fit it yourself.
I've done that on many an occasion and saved myself a fortune.