Dispatch slide doors making noise when driving

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rey man

Dispatch slide doors making noise when driving

Post by Rey man »

I have a 2001 1.9 dispatch and when driving on the motorway, the slide side doors let in air ass if they are open, but they are not! Please does anybody have any tips to stop this?

Thanks
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Re: Dispatch slide doors making noise when driving

Post by daviemck2006 »

I've driven quite a few of these between citroen dispatch, fiat scudo and peugeot experts as taxis and every one has sounded as if a window is open a crack, or the side doors are not shut. Funnily enough the people carrier ones, synergie, ulysse and 806 don't do it. Must be to do with the extra few inches of the van version. I think you will have to put up with it. Sorry I cant be more helpful.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Sean602
Location: Roslin -yes the one with the chapel in Dan Browns book.
My Cars:

Post by Sean602 »

yup they all do that Sir!

you can jiggle the "finger" that locates the top of the door and check that the plastic socket is in the B pillar and still whole. Mines bad when the edge of the finger catches the rubber seal and allows the wind in
kissing the lash
white van (turbo, computer and built by Citroen, what could possibly go wrong!)
orange 2cv
blue 2cv( been to the Sahara and back)
red Dyane( in bits)
Skoda (thank goodness there is a teutonic vehicle on the drive)
Stainless Siemens fridge freezer
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

My synergie developed noisy creaky leaky doors but I did manage to improve matters a lot. You need the right sized torx driver on a small ratchet. As other have said the finger is adjustable as are the mounting blocks on the b and c pillars. Slacken off bolts, tap to move, re tighten. I just kept fiddling about until it improved. Kept the tool in the door pocket and adjusted it before most journeys when I had the time. If I recall correctly some of it is counter intuitive, you would think that moving everything "inwards" would tighten the door onto its seals, but I think I moved the c pillar one outwards which meant the leading edge of the door moved inwards a bit. All I really remember is lots of attempts and one day it just got better.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
Rey man

Post by Rey man »

thanks for the help!!!
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

If any of you need the carriage for the sliding door I have a new one sitting in my shed. Could save you a pile of money off the dealer price.

This one:

Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Wookey
(Donor 2019)
My Cars: Peugeot Expert 1.9D (Camper conversion) (2003-now)

Post by Wookey »

I have this problem quite badly now. It's been slowly getting worse over the years. I have tried adjusting the fingers - that worked for a few years, but now there doesn't seem to be enough adjustment to make it seal properly any more. It feels like slop has been slowly accumulating in the mechanism, but it's really not at all obvious exactly where. There is a pivot as well as the wheel in the track on the top runner. If you pull in on the top runner then the door moves in a couple of mm onto the seal and the noise stops/the water stays outside. You can see that the plastic finger is doing its job because it's heavily worn where it has been pushing the door into places on one side. But a new one doesn't fix it. As I say, I think the top pivot is allowing more travel than it used to. I wonder if there is any solution short of buying a whole new track? I wonder if Gibbo still has one spare? Maybe new door seal rubbers would do it, or mounting the track on a couple of washers?
Wookey
(2003-now:1997 Peugeot Expert stealth camper, 1991-2003:1987 C15)