Central/dead locking problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Central/dead locking problem

Post by oscar »

Hi have this in my post re MK1 1.9TD est 96-97.not rising to the occasion?
But might not get info as not in listing for locks.
Drivers door is deadlocked now won't open from out or inside but did it on fob not key where as you normally hold key to do other day it was doing the lock/unlock thing as i drove along it would also lock the door as soon as i pulled tab up then got fed up i guess once it learnt i wasn't playing! then it would as soon as i unlocked on fob to say get in boot would lock immediately again without touching fob then noticed that it would do deadlocks when you locked door on fob.
Thought id check to see if it was had window down so could try inside handle locked on fob then whirr of lock then tried to open from inside it wouldn't' but now door won't open any/either way so locked shut back door opened though so it looks like just drivers door?
Might try to see if it will work from passenger side lock but can't get in from that side as against fence.
So does that sound like the mech in door lock or as someone said wiring loom in door fold but didnt have door open when trying to open boot before etc
Do i have to break the lock or is there another way?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Central/dead locking problem

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If you can get in, it might be worth disconnecting the battery for a while to see if the problem clears. If it is deadlocked then the key (obviously) won't open the door, however if it is just a wiring/switch issue causing it to re-lock, then it cannot do this if there is no power available.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
oscar

Post by oscar »

Hi well what i did while ago was unlock from passenger side the tab comes up on drivers door but still nothing on the handle other doors are ok
but if it was electric side i would have thought drivers door would open with key.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

There are several switches in the front door lock system. There is the switch (in the lock) that appears to monitor the lock status, and then there is a second one that monitors the tab position, and a third one that monitors the lock barrel. The rear locks only have one per lock that monitors its status.

I don't know how you would break the lock. From what I have read, the positioning of the lock is designed to protect it, and it can only be removed when the door is open (other than by cutting through the door to get to the lock).

I just re-read your last post, and I wonder if it is just a seized latching mechanism, as you say that the tab lifts. That would indicate that the locking part is disengaging properly. It might be worth thumping the door where the lock is just as you try to open it (from the outside) to see if the latch opens.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
oscar

Post by oscar »

Hi i might give it a bashing with the hammer tomorrow! well try something out on it. it's just that the door don't seem to come off deadlock and key don't have any feel to it etc but it did work till i tried door from inside while deadlock was on.
Could give battery thing a try out see what happens?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If the button tab is lifting then the mechanism HAS unlocked (regardless of how it is lifted). A deadlocked mechanism will not let the tab lift. However, the mechanism is (effectively) made up of two parts; the lock and the latch. If the latch has seized then it would behave as though it is still locked. I would thump the door in the lock area (from the outside) hard with an open hand to see if the shock would release the latch.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
oscar

Post by oscar »

Hi tried the bang on door but nothing happened but it also deadlocks on first touch of key instead of holding it to lock plus don't get any lock feel on drivers door
oscar

Post by oscar »

Ho well think ive got to bottom of problem have to try to get in and get door card off? then de-armour drivers door lock box covering it then break lock as it's failed by Citroen guy that knows about these as he does when they get them in.