Lexia owners near High Wycombe?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

beko1987
My Cars: 2002 Xsara HDI 110

Lexia owners near High Wycombe?

Post by beko1987 »

Hi Guys.

Since I last posted here, I have replaced the ZX with an XM. Am loving almost everything about it so far, apart from the stored fault codes.

I'm reading into buying a Lexia clone from ebay or similar, but wondered if there was anyone around Wycombe who knows how to use a Lexia who wouldn't mind giving my car the once over?

I know the suspension has stored codes, and the EML light is on.

Cheers

Sam
1997 Citroen ZX
1997 Citroen XM
1994 Citroen ZX
1997 Citroen Xantia
2005 Renault Laguna
2001 Renault Laguna
2002 Peugeot 406

1997 Citroen ZX
2002 Citroen Xsara
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Lexia owners near High Wycombe?

Post by CitroJim »

Sam, if you want to make an expedition up to me in Newport Pagnell I can do both for you...

I also have extensive experience of the TCT engine (my Activa has one) and used to own a TCT XM myself...

I know it's a trek but the offer is open any time along with a good natter about XMs, a warm welcome and a cup of tea or three...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I'm happy to stick my Lexia on it, I'm only in Twyford.. I can tell you what the error codes are, but I'm only learning about the Lexia myself so might not be able to offer a huge amount more.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

You're a lot nearer to Sam than me Mike and you could always read and then consult with me or another TCT person for the meaning of what you might find..

There, sorted!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
beko1987

Post by beko1987 »

That sounds like a plan, cheers Mike! I'm not sure when I can get up next, but will PM you when I know. As long as I can get the suspension working again, and find out about anything else I'll be happy! I'm sure a list of codes posted on here will get sorted quickly enough!
1997 Citroen ZX
1997 Citroen XM
1994 Citroen ZX
1997 Citroen Xantia
2005 Renault Laguna
2001 Renault Laguna
2002 Peugeot 406

1997 Citroen ZX
2002 Citroen Xsara
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Good stuff. Well, I'm off all week, and some of next week. I can always pop over. I used to live in Marlow and Flackwell Heath, and worked in Loudwater and Wycombe so I know the place quite well..
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent :-D I love it when a plan comes together...

Sam, what's the suspension problems?
Jim

beko1987

Post by beko1987 »

The sport mode light (or any light) doesn't light up when the car is turned on, I've read that means it has a stored fault? Campbell did say this was the case when I bought it. The EML light is on as well, which makes the gearbox hesitate when changing up to 4th at very high revs. This stops when the EML light goes off, which it has done recently. Driving like a hooligan confirms this... Not going so fast is fine, the box changes up fine. Only an issue at full on turbo acceleration.

Plus having done 107k I reckon it wont hurt it to be checked over! I can then replace anything that needs it!
1997 Citroen ZX
1997 Citroen XM
1994 Citroen ZX
1997 Citroen Xantia
2005 Renault Laguna
2001 Renault Laguna
2002 Peugeot 406

1997 Citroen ZX
2002 Citroen Xsara
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Stored faults in the Hydractive ECU are very common Sam and I can almost bet my life any that I read will have logged a steering angle sensor fault amongst others. They do this all the time but it doesn't stop them working but does seem to blunt them a little.

is the suspension nice and soft in soft mode?

I had a bit of hesitation just as you describe on my TCT with the EML light and it was the oxygen sensor. The Lexia will pick it up whatever it is.
Jim

beko1987

Post by beko1987 »

Northern_Mike wrote:Good stuff. Well, I'm off all week, and some of next week. I can always pop over. I used to live in Marlow and Flackwell Heath, and worked in Loudwater and Wycombe so I know the place quite well..
Feel free to pop over to Marlow at lunchtime, I work in the industrial estate. Either that or after 4pm at my mums, which is also in Marlow, but on her drive rather than in the work car park!

Or I can come to you later in the week...
1997 Citroen ZX
1997 Citroen XM
1994 Citroen ZX
1997 Citroen Xantia
2005 Renault Laguna
2001 Renault Laguna
2002 Peugeot 406

1997 Citroen ZX
2002 Citroen Xsara
beko1987

Post by beko1987 »

CitroJim wrote:Stored faults in the Hydractive ECU are very common Sam and I can almost bet my life any that I read will have logged a steering angle sensor fault amongst others. They do this all the time but it doesn't stop them working but does seem to blunt them a little.

is the suspension nice and soft in soft mode?

I had a bit of hesitation just as you describe on my TCT with the EML light and it was the oxygen sensor. The Lexia will pick it up whatever it is.
Its not the carpet ride I reckon it should be. There is a difference between sport and normal, but I can feel the road. Its also harder over speed bumps than the zx was. I could fly over them at 60, but need to be below 30 for the xm not to crash

Of course this could all be normal, I've never driven one before!
1997 Citroen ZX
1997 Citroen XM
1994 Citroen ZX
1997 Citroen Xantia
2005 Renault Laguna
2001 Renault Laguna
2002 Peugeot 406

1997 Citroen ZX
2002 Citroen Xsara
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

If there's a noticeable change between hard and soft Sam then the basic system is working. Spheres need to be checked for pressure and also to make sure they're the correct ones for the car.

There's no substitute either for allowing an experienced person judge the ride and note any deficiencies as it's impossible to explain how they should feel/ride. Mike will be just right to do that for you as he's had loads of XMs and Xantias in the past..
Jim

beko1987

Post by beko1987 »

You are correct, no substitute for experience! Campbell (messerschmittowner) had the rear spheres replaced last year, and the front ones look ok, but no idea on pressures. The whole system needs a good flush and a few miles with the flush, campbell did say the fluid was filthy.

Hopefully it just needs a good service and some love. Everything else on the car has been fixed with a few hours of care and new fluids, don't want that to stop now...
1997 Citroen ZX
1997 Citroen XM
1994 Citroen ZX
1997 Citroen Xantia
2005 Renault Laguna
2001 Renault Laguna
2002 Peugeot 406

1997 Citroen ZX
2002 Citroen Xsara