Saxo vs 106 driving

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Saxo vs 106 driving

Post by spider »

I don't know if its just me but the few Saxo's I've tried seemed to have a slightly better driving position compared to a 106 (new shape) even though they are the same car ? :?: :-k

I don't know if its something simple like the angle of the pedals or column are slightly different or perhaps the seating ?

Although picky the only thing I don't like about the Saxo interior is the radio fitting is not quite right, the bottom of it pokes out almost like its not designed to go in there (factory unit) or the angle of the hole is wrong. There are some sensible things too such as a temp gauge on the later models (can be forced into a 106 with a sensor change and a tweak at the panel multiplug)

RHD's only, those having tried a LHD 106 would of found a much superior driving position (compared to RHD, at least I found it so) without pedals and a better design of them without being at an odd offset too. :D , not been able to try a LHD Saxo although plenty of 106's.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: Saxo vs 106 driving

Post by Xaccers »

I remember Vicki Butler-Henderson doing a review of hot hatches, may have been on Top Gear back when it was still semi-interesting, and she noted that the Saxo actually slightly out performed it's 106 equivalent despite having the same engine and gearbox, so they're not quite the same out of the factories.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Perhaps there's something in the aerodynamics or given that all engines are not exactly equal (or their setup) it could be that. Could also be a weight concern I suppose.

I still think the pedals are not quite as offset on the Saxo but I could be wrong, it could be a trick as the seating is different or the column angle could be, no matter really.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

Xac, was watching a vid on The Youtube this eve and on the side was the Video you mentioned!!
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor