Xantia crank pulley replacement

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

charentejohn
My Cars:

Xantia crank pulley replacement

Post by charentejohn »

Saw this video which explains ok " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but have some questions.
My pulley is sort of ok but the outer can be moved sideways a little by hand so rubber could be separating, otherwise seems ok.
I am doing a bit of work so replacing now seems a good idea, while I have my hands dirty.

I read up on other related posts here and a noticed some say (for C5) to pin timing gear as inner pulley can move.
Is this the same for Xantia (2002 90 HDI) as it looks like both have woodruff keys so ok to just remove the outer crank pulley ?

I noticed that pulleys on offer seem solid, mine has the 3 slots visible on the outside with metal bits showing in the middle.
Is there a difference as they have the same part number (0515V6) yet does the solid middle mean they aren't anti vibration ? Does it matter ?

Last question, I am sure I read somewher that the accessory belt had a direction indicator on it, but can't find any info now.
Since my new belt has no markings I may have imagined it, so does the belt fit any particular way.
You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
Xantia HDI 90SX C3 2005 and C3 2006 both 1.4i sensodrives
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Xantia crank pulley replacement

Post by RichardW »

HDi fitted to the Xantia has the vernier cam pulley so no worries about just unbolting the crank pulley. The bolt (22mm) is F tight though, and loctitied, best done when it's hot and with a windy gun if you've got access to one. New pulley should be damping I'd have thought, but may be a differnt design on the face I guess. I don't think there's an arrow on the belt - usually recommended to re-fit cam belts running in same direction, but do't think it will matter on an aux belt. You need a 15mm spanner to lift the auto tensioner on the aux belt - take out the ECU box and access is not bad - a 4mm bar bent at the end will slip into the hole in the back of the tensioner to pin it back.
Richard W
charentejohn
My Cars:

Re: Xantia crank pulley replacement

Post by charentejohn »

Thanks, that is what I wanted to know.
I didn't think the accessory belt direction would matter as just grooves, but you never know, I must have been reading about the cam belt.

Could be the crank pully design has changed as I checked the 'Febi Bilstein' site for the one adverised here which now has a solid rubber centre and it seems right. In description nit says 'new implementation' which I guess means latest design ? Site is useful http://cars.febi-parts.com/article.php?lang=GB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you can change language at the top, to locate I put in Pulley, then selected Citroen and this one is at the bottom of the page.
Says OEM 0515.V6 and fits Xantia engines 90/110 bhp, also says it replaces 0515.V5 so generally I assume this is the current one.
Could be instead of an inner and outer with rubber in the middle one metal side is imbedded in it ? Only photo of one side.
You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
Xantia HDI 90SX C3 2005 and C3 2006 both 1.4i sensodrives