4 digit transponder code for citroen??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

4 digit transponder code for citroen??

Post by deano1970 »

does anybody know how I can get hold of the 4 digit code needed to program a new key for a citroen xsara?? I have tried birdman (he got me mine) and he cannot get them now....I told my niece I would program her a new key for her car as she only has one, I have had the key cut on carkeyhelp.co.uk and have the key,but I need to obtain the code so I can program it using the lexia....Does anyone know how I can get it without having to go to a main dealer?? thanks........
C5 X7
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: 4 digit transponder code for citroen??

Post by Lighty »

Main dealer charges £15 , why not use them ?
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Lighty wrote:Main dealer charges £15 , why not use them ?
To supply the code, or to program the key ?

I'm assuming the original card with the code is missing from the car deano ?
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Will have to come from the dealer in that case then.

I'm told its possible via third party interfaces to extract it but it seems a lot of trouble and expense certainly cheaper to go to the dealer with the logbook and ID etc and have it given to you. Get the key number (blade) as well while you're there as they used to get three items for each "charge" so if you did need it again you'd have to pay (again)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

I have the mechanical key code, and yes simon,as is so often the case,the card wasn't supplied to my niece when she got the car, I need the code so I can program a key for my niece...I have the lexia and did mine (birdman got me my code) I got a key cut from carkeyhelp for mine and my nieces car, but only recently got the key for my niece....carkeyhelp.co.uk supply you with your mechanical code when they send you a key...but I need the code and no dealers anywhere near me.........found a site online offering to supply code for £25.00 but it seems a bit dear, might be worth it though when considering fuel costs of getting to a dealer??
C5 X7
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

There used to be a garageforum on which one of the members would post the card number from the vin number, not sure if it's still about.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

cheers gibbo, I think I have been pointed to that site, just waiting to see if anything happens..but I think the fact that birdman can no longer get codes is significant...I have had one reply from another forum telling me i will need to read my bsi eeprom or ecu dump?? I don't even understand that let alone know how to do it, but the forum user says citroen have changed their systems this week and possibly the reason why birdman can no longer get hold of the codes for us??
C5 X7
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

Gibbo, garage forum has been for all intents and purposes been replaced by the auto professionals forums, they still have a forum for requesting codes, and on last check the last one served was a few days ago, so birdman maybe an isolated case.
You can get the codes for free over at auto professionals however they want you to have 25 decent/helpful posts, before you request one, if you don't, you get banned.

And with just citroen knowledge, the chance of getting to 25 helpful posts is slim at best. (They get at most I think 1 thread a day for problems with PSA cars).
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

As far as I am aware, recent changes have toughened up security, mainly due to the BMW's getting nicked issue.
It is ow much harder to get the codes ( I could get them free) .
Seems like you need to,use the dealer now, I certainly have needed to for the last 5 I have got.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

birdman told me he had access to citroen up until last friday, and that co incides with another user from a different forum saying citroen have this week changed their systems and that's why he can no longer get the codes....and ben, yes I have seen this about auto professionals...This seems a bit unfair to me. I do not have 25 helpful posts to help people, I know pretty much nothing,which Is why I need help from these people,so,although I registered there,I won't be going back......I found a site that says it can give me my security code using my vin,and they have it in their database,but it's £25.00......shame really cos I have had the key cut from carkeyhelp and it has the transpnder chip in the key,but it's worthless....might as well have just cut them a spare for the door locks for £6.50..........oh well.......looks like i'll have to tell them I cannot do it unless they go to citroen for the code.......
C5 X7
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Can the dealer not verify your identity and charge you on credit card for the code?

I wouldn't have thought there were many parts of the UK where a Citroën dealer was more than £5 worth of fuel away.
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

Dean, just a potential alternative with going full circle again, I remember http://www.lockmanuk.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; said they could retrieve the code (they would need proof of ownership though). It also looks like on Auto-Professionals that there was Pug code issued today, so it may not be a complete crack down.

They say it costs a small fee to retrieve the code.
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Some of the dealers will supply the code with no fee levied.
Probably helps if you are a regular customer or buy something at the same time.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

The supplying dealer from new should probably have it on file.

For other dealers they have to ring PSA to ask and they get a charge for it (as far as I remember)

What we used to do was to ask for the keyblade code / transponder code / radio code as each call would cost us so we got all three bits in one go and then put them onto our database so we had them to hand, simply as if say we only got the transponder and then the customer wanted the radio code (older cars) we'd have to call again.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
crazybear_uk
My Cars:

Post by crazybear_uk »

Main dealer take log book as proof of ownership did mine today total cost £0.00 happy days =D> =D> =D> :mrgreen:
C3 2006 1.6HDI SX
Xsara Picasso, 2002 HDi 2.0 90
C5 2002 HDi 2.0 LX 110
Suzuki Bandit 1200 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: