n00bie Xantia question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

orinoco74

n00bie Xantia question

Post by orinoco74 »

hi, i just bought a lovely 2000 green 1.8 Xantia, i am only the second owner and the car is in mint condition, it just said through MOT first time with no advisories. Even has the full service history. Anyway the only down point is, at some point, the battery was changed and the stereo reset and lost its code. So now no tunes on my way to work :( Its the standard radio cassette player, i know i can go to a dealership and have it unlocked or one of those online places to get the code....... but..... rather than paying x amount to unlock a standard radio cassette, i would rather put a stock Citroen CD player in (if one was ever made) or the radio cassette with the auxillary input in front so i can plug my phone or mp3 player into and listen to my music. Would anyone happen to have one of these head units?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: n00bie Xantia question

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

You could always ask The Birdman to help. He can usually (for a small fee) provide the code;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/m ... le&u=11308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you decide to use a standard CD Radio, remember that Citroen normally reverse the permanent positive and ignition positive.
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 04 Apr 2013, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

2000 would be Mk2 which lost the aux socket.
You could upgrade to one with the in boot CD player if you can find one, but it would be easier and cheaper to buy an after market head unit and the surround for it.
You could even find one with a compatible adaptor for the steering wheel buttons.

Or take your current one out and make a note of the numbers on it as I'm sure several people on here have the software to get the code.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
orinoco74

Post by orinoco74 »

Xac, can you point me in the right direction for the right place to get a cd player with the adapter thing for the steering wheel buttons?
orinoco74

Post by orinoco74 »

actually if someone is feeling really nice..... can you pop on ebay and find me a Citroen Clarion CD changer that is compatible with my radio cassette player please and post it in here. that way i will just pay to get my head unit code.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

orinoco74 wrote:Xac, can you point me in the right direction for the right place to get a cd player with the adapter thing for the steering wheel buttons?
I would but I'm in a wooden cabin at Whipsnade zoo having a romantic night away with my wife and internet here is intermittent.
Have a look on Halfords website for head units that are compatible with steering wheel controls, then search on Google against the model you've chosen to find the adaptor for mk2 xantias.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Gingerposer
My Cars:

Post by Gingerposer »

You're lucky in that the Xantia has plenty of room in the back of the slot for the radio, cos the adaptor leads tend to be bulky.

I'd echo Xac's suggestion of an aftermarket player - you can get decent ones which play from usbs, aux input, mps format cds etc, for under £100. Budget about £35-40 for the adaptor kit - but check the stereo you want is compatible with steering wheel controls. Halfords website listings will usually help here.

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/connects ... V370aIpiSo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

is an example of adaptor leads - but the specific stereo then requires the correct patch lead to connect into the above leads.

You'll also need a facia adaptor as the original stereo is double DIN size, most replacements are single DIN. Again, ebay and Google are your tools for this. Example here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Xanti ... 3ca9db2f78" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Happy hunting!
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

Xac wrote:I would but I'm in a wooden cabin at Whipsnade zoo having a romantic night away with my wife
I'm sure that could be the start of something (here on the Forum I mean) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )