ebay purchase

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

ebay purchase

Post by citronut »

i have just bought this from ebay, i know i have access to service citroen, but all the techy doc's cost money to view

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... TQ:GB:1123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i sent them a message asking if they can confirm the postage of 99p which they did,
then i asked them if i install onto a computer, which later fails, can i re/install it onto another computer, they said i can install it on up to 5 computers
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Re: ebay purchase

Post by Ben82 »

Except you can install it on as many as you like, it's the pirated service box that you can download elsewhere. Or could have got the same thing for a more reasonable £4 here: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 1117868208" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :(

I doubt Citroen would sell the legitimate thing for £18. Would probably be more like at least £1800 as the amount of information it has is insane.
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Yep, its just a pirated version of Citroen Service Box (DocBackup and Sedre) which can be found for free download elsewhere, from the same places where Lexia software can be downloaded...mind you its very large, something like 15-20 GB so getting it on disc isn't so bad if your Internet connection isn't the fastest...

I also bought a copy through eBay a couple of years ago for about the same price before I realised exactly what it was and that it could be found elsewhere...the sellers are a bit crafty in that an activation code is required to install which is unique for your computer - and they withhold the activation code generator program (also findable on the Internet) so that you have to install the software, email them a code that the installer throws up then they email you back an activation code unique for that PC.

That way they can prevent you installing it on too many machines or simply copying the discs for others... A bit cheeky really when they have simply downloaded pirated software off the Internet, burnt it to DVD's and sold it themselves! :roll:

Obviously I didn't like the idea of not being able to reinstall it on a second machine without contacting some mysterious ebay seller months or years down the road so I found myself a copy of the activation code generator on the Internet... :wink: I have successfully installed on a second machine using that without contacting the seller.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Ben82 wrote:Except you can install it on as many as you like, it's the pirated service box that you can download elsewhere. Or could have got the same thing for a more reasonable £4 here: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 1117868208" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :(

I doubt Citroen would sell the legitimate thing for £18. Would probably be more like at least £1800 as the amount of information it has is insane.
thanks for that Ben :oops: :roll: #-o :wink: story of my life,

Simon
what you say is exactly what happened to me with a C5 workshop manual i bought from Electronic manuals through ebay a few years ago,then when the PC it was installed onto died i could find no trace of the company, or get it to install onto another PC,

a software engineer friend of mine has now got that disc and he is going to try and get into it [-o< ,

not that that matters now im buying this sofware as what was on the C5 disc will im sure be on these three
Regards, malcolm.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Umm :twisted:

These software pirates are cheeky devils aren't they?

Well done Simon for exposing their ways and finding ways to circumvent them. Excellent!

Does sound a useful bit of kit though...

Does it go back as far as XM wiring diagrams?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

CitroJim wrote: Does it go back as far as XM wiring diagrams?
i think it will as it has XM in the model menu, same as service citroen does
Regards, malcolm.

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Check a reply to the existing old PM Malcolm, I *might* be able to help with the activation.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

If you get stuck malcolm, PM me your email address and I can send you the activation code generator - no guarantee that it will work with your version of Service box if its later than mine, but worth a try. It does require Windows XP (not vista/7) to run - although you don't have to run it on the same machine that you're installing on as you manually enter the code that the service box installer provides and it spits out the activation code required which you then enter into the service box installer. It's exactly what the ebay monkeys use to send you an activation code, having a copy of it yourself means you can install it on any machine you desire in the future without outside help.
Simon

1978 CX 2400
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Ben82 wrote:You could have got the same thing for a more reasonable £4 here: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 1117868208" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :(

Funny story about this item.!! I ordered one a couple of weeks ago. Instead of the item being delivered, I was left a card telling me that the postage had been under-paid by 9p. Various means of obtaining the package was given, but the fee would be £1.09p. Collecting at the sorting office was the quickest method but I was annoyed about the five mile round trip and the complete lack of parking in the area. Having to pay a penalty fee was the last straw....................................... While I was still feeling p*$$ed ***, I emailed the ebay guy and told him what I thought of his "free P&P". His regret must have been genuine because he refunded the full £3.99 to my Paypal account................. Mind you - I haven't contacted him for the Activation code yet. Maybe that will be another £3.99 :oops:
2010 C5 X7 VTR+Nav 160
1998 1.5 Saxo
1998 Pug 306 1.9D
2018 C4 B7 VTR+
2011 Citroen C1
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

JohnD wrote:
Ben82 wrote:You could have got the same thing for a more reasonable £4 here: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 1117868208" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :(

Funny story about this item.!! I ordered one a couple of weeks ago. Instead of the item being delivered, I was left a card telling me that the postage had been under-paid by 9p. Various means of obtaining the package was given, but the fee would be £1.09p. Collecting at the sorting office was the quickest method but I was annoyed about the five mile round trip and the complete lack of parking in the area. Having to pay a penalty fee was the last straw....................................... While I was still feeling p*$$ed ***, I emailed the ebay guy and told him what I thought of his "free P&P". His regret must have been genuine because he refunded the full £3.99 to my Paypal account................. Mind you - I haven't contacted him for the Activation code yet. Maybe that will be another £3.99 :oops:
Pretty sure DHallworth got his without issue from there! Post Office does take the biscuit with that underpaid postage penalty though.

If they do want to charge you for the activation then I'm sure me or Simon can sort you out with a code :)

Jim, Documentation side (IE: DocBackup), XM is covered, however you're not getting much more info than what's on service.citroen.com.. Just really a document for "Modification : particle filter additive" and on repairing electrical harnesses. ( oh and the invoicing times for procedures, which I find slightly handy in working out how long something will take to do :) )

As for wiring diagrams: No to the XM... nor does it have any for the S1 Xantia. SEDRE (different program than Docbackup) Just has the following:
C-Zero, C1, C4 Aircross, C-Crosser, C8, C2, C3 Aircross/Picasso, DS3, C3, C3 Picasso, C4 (B5-B3), C4 Picasso, C4, C5, DS5, C6, Saxo, Xantia II, Xsara, Xsara Picasso, ZX Elysee (R3), Nemo, C15 (VD), Berlingo, Jumpy, Jumper, Jumper U3.
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

And they are small too using an odd format, had to enlarge and then assemble several images to get them to a decent size.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Ben82 wrote: As for wiring diagrams: No to the XM... nor does it have any for the S1 Xantia.
Ohh, that a terrible shame :cry:

I feel very lost without a full set of wiring diagrams for the XM and I'm not having much luck getting hold of any either... :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Perhaps the wiring diagrams of the XM are such a source of embarrassment to them that they are no longer willing to publish them :lol: :wink:
Simon

1978 CX 2400
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Mandrake wrote:Perhaps the wiring diagrams of the XM are such a source of embarrassment to them that they are no longer willing to publish them :lol: :wink:
Having seem some of them Simon I can believe that!
Jim

allanmc
My Cars:

Post by allanmc »

Hi, I bought the £4 citroen manual discs on e bay last week, to cut a very long story short, I tried to download them but couldnt download No. 2 disk which tells you how to do the work I have tried to start again but am unsuccessful can someone help please
allanmc
Xantia 2.0i SX Auto, 1999