A note for new Lexia users

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dnsey

A note for new Lexia users

Post by dnsey »

I'm just getting used to using Diagbox / Lexia, and thought I'd mention a couple of things which threw me to start with:
When the software is running through the diagnostics, the car behaves at times as though all sorts of scary faults are popping up - these are simply the various items being 'prodded', and nothing to worry about.
In addition, I've discovered that a diagnostic session can sometimes leave a spurious 'fault', bringing up the engine management light etc. Again, nothing to worry about, and disappears after a couple of starts.
Hope this helps someone in their first Lexia forays!
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: A note for new Lexia users

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Thank you for the warning. I have recently got a Lexia/Diagbox, and I have yet to use it.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

I think the main ones that get faults to show are the abs and airbag ones.

So 3 in total if I recall
ESP/ASR not functioning
Braking Fault
Passenger airbag disabled

Some disappear before you look at the LCD if you're watching the Lexia.
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Teeheee, reminds me of the laugh we had running Diag "tests" on Toby's 406. mirrors flapping, wipers wiping, servos whirring, fans blowing, seats shuffling (with Toby sitting in it - thought he was done for as it moved him closer to the fascia/steering wheel with the headrest threatening to crush his neck) etc, etc. :lol:
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Some of the actuator tests can generate spurious fault codes, for example on my Xantia if I use an actuator test on the engine ECU to test the rev counter (which makes the rev counter sit on 1500rpm for a few seconds while the engine is not running) the auto gearbox logs a speed sensor fault!

It's quite reasonable when you think about it though, as the gearbox is getting a signal from then engine to say the engine is turning over at 1500rpm but its own input shaft sensor says 0 rpm, which is only possible if you're in gear with your foot on the brake. In neutral the input speed should be nearly the same as the engine rpm, so it flags a fault.

There are a number of other combinations as well...best to check for the presence of real fault codes at the beginning of a Lexia session, so that you know any additional fault codes generated during your testing, especially actuator testing can be cleared and ignored...
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

One thing with mine I've not been able to fix (does not really concern) using Planet the 'Scope' section I think always displays in French. Although I tend not to look at that section anyway as it does not serve a purpose with the limited use I use mine for.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG