xantia exhaust question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

taffy
My Cars:

xantia exhaust question

Post by taffy »

recently my exhaust decided we would part company and failed first with the cat to rear pipe rusting through and dropping...on m4 now so up in the air and disconected it from rear box...not fun on hard sholder lol
so anyway got bk and left the mid pipe in car and phoned garage who welded it up for me...great!
so going again month later same thing happened again...done same again this time it was beyond repair so been driving with the cat jus hanging off...my financial situation lately has been a difficult time and havent had money to repair so ive done bout 3000+ miles with it hanging...got to say it was suprisingly quiet! any way week or so ago i had money to repair so went to gsf to get pipe and they said they couldn get it...wtf?
so thought no messing bout ebay it is...ordered dw10ted 2.0 hdi 110 98-01 cat and intermediate pipe kit for 56 quid! bargin i thought! also ordred my clutch kit 100 quid..
so im doing 100 mile a day to get to work cat still hanging off pulled off a34 to 303 and clang clang clang then loud as hell thought opps and pulled into layby and cat was hanging off the pipe...had no choice manipulated it off and drove off...hell wat a noise!! and my god it flys lol!! anyway other day it arrived from ebay was like yeaaaa lets get it on....only to find its the wrong pipe!...thought this cant be right...it jus wasnt the same and wouldn fit properly...so thought theyve jigged it wrong so got staight on to the place i bought it...he said ok wats ur reg...? so then he says theres 3 diffent pipes for your engine! luckly he put me through to a site called bmcatalist.com and i chose what i THINK is the right pipe...i hope...its on its way now but why are there 3 different differnt pipes? are theyre diffent turbos on the hdi? the shell and the engines ive had before looked identical?
just like to understand it
many thanks
99 silver 2.1td exclusive xantia
99 red 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia..
00 black 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
99 blue 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
57 blue C4 GP 1.6hdi exclusive
08 black C4 GP 2.0hdi vtr
citronut
My Cars:

Re: xantia exhaust question

Post by citronut »

i would be very cautious buying those exhaust parts from ebay for that sort of price, sounds far to cheap

look on Bosals web site

http://www.catalogue.bosal.com/pages/ex ... search.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

There are 3 different pipes for HDis:

Small bore for 90's
Larger bore, 2 piece for early 110s
Larger bore, single piece for later 110s

Seemingly no change to the turbo, so seems likely that you got a 90 one for yours. I can't see why you can't fit the early 2 piece affair to later cars.
Richard W
rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Post by rory_perrett »

The two piece off the earlier cars (and indeed the 2.1TD) fits the later HDi 110 Xantia no problem. I've done it. Got one of each, when the one on the car breaks (as it occasionally does) I fit the other, weld up the broken one and put it into stock ready for the next time.
taffy
My Cars:

Post by taffy »

Thanks for The replys guys.....well The one I bought was too small a flange on The turbo and The pipe was wrong angle...hope I got The right one lol....I will update as soon as it turns up
Thanks again
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
taffy
My Cars:

Post by taffy »

Yep thank god I got The right pipe this time and I gota say at 56 quid I'm very pleased....also my old system had a middle silencer and this one doesn't but it still runs lovely....
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5