BX Tweeters

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tcb123

BX Tweeters

Post by tcb123 »

Hi All,
I want to fit the tweets from a BX turbo to a standard BX, is the standard car "pre-wired" to take them?
IF not how are they hooked up to the stereo?
regards
Tom
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

In all my BX'es - the cable/plug was dangling round down there under the dash corner grills. It was simply a matter of removing the grille (carefull - it's VERY crisp [:0]) - fitting the plug on the small tweeter and bolt it down with 2 screws.
A word of warning though :
The standard tweeters used will not take more than a few Watts music power (which is MORE than adequate !) - so you may need a HiPass filter in the leads at your stereo to subtract the high energy bass power. Usually a bipolar Condenser 10uF does the trick.
tcb123

Post by tcb123 »

Anders,
This is a 92 bx19TGD and I have just taken the glove box out to find the connector[:(]
You guessed it! no such thing! so unless it's hidden somewhere really sneaky, I have to assume it's not pre wired.
So, how should they be wired in?
regards
Tom
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Run a length of some twin cable from both grilles to the radio compartment. Use 2 coloured twin cable for correct phase of the signal - then simply hook into the existing loudspeaker cables behind the radio.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

On the same thing then. Just fitted a Sony CD player in my ZX Avantage with only 2 speakers in the front doors. On fitting I noticed that there seems to be enough wire (colour coded) for at least 4 speakers. Does that mean the hard wiring is in place in the rear doors and all I have to do is fit the speakers?? ZX is a 1993 reg TD
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Stuart - all I can say is : have a look [:)]
Over the y's attending to various forum's I've learned you can never be sure what's fitted to any national export market models.
I can split my spiffle danish imported BX'es into bits - discuss every bit with a BX owner from UK or Sweden - and then find that lot's of differences exists even to same model/year.