Oil level measurement invalid

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

evoke

Oil level measurement invalid

Post by evoke »

I sometimes get "Oil Level Measurement Invalid" when I start the car. I presume this is a sensor issue? Also, I often get Economy Mode Active when I start the car so I guess this might be a battery on its way out?
2008 Citroen C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Oil level measurement invalid

Post by Peter.N. »

Both faults could be cause by low battery voltage, if it starts OK the battery is probably alright but maybe the charge rate is down, you should have about 14.4 volts across the battery with the engine running.

Peter
evoke

Post by evoke »

Okay, thanks. I'll ask the dealer to check the battery and charging capacity and replace if necessary.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

You should have a green glow port on top of the battery if the charge is above 65%. You should also have a condition indicator terminal on the left side of the negative terminal with a braided lead coming from it. I have the same car and Econ mode is always on first thing in the mornings. I had a thread about "Economy mode" a couple of days ago. These batteries ain't cheap, so don't go changing it unless you know it is no good. Might be a good idea to be present when the battery is checked. I'm not saying anyone would pull a fast one, but a new battery :shock: (wholesale to the dealer) and the changeover could be a nice little earner.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
evoke

Post by evoke »

^ Thanks for the heads up. I'll get them to print out a battery report from the battery test. Frustratingly, as per another thread, I can't get the bonnet open at the moment to check the battery charge indicator, which is the main issue it's going to the dealer in the first place.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Yes, I remember your bonnet catch problem. Let us know how you get on.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.