Mobile Phone Covers

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Mobile Phone Covers

Post by addo »

Looking for some clarity here.

I would like to know what type of cover the following is described as, in commercial terms.

It's opaque in colour, made of a rubbery feeling material with no hard edges. The inside feels waxy-smooth, while the outside (untextured) is slightly "tacky" and grips on a non-dusty surface that's midly sloped or jiggling a little. Where the side buttons are, it's not open to press through, but the cover is super-thin over the side buttons.

Any ideas, ladies and gents?

Xaccers

Re: Mobile Phone Covers

Post by Xaccers »

Sounds like a Soft Silicone Skin Gel Case.

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Post by addo »

That is so my colour.

Thanks for interpreting my description.

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers »

I've got a black one for my Nexus 4 (mostly to stop it sliding off horizontal surfaces, I swear Tefal are interested in the backing of the phone it's that friction free!) and I get on really well with it.
I've had to get a generic spring loaded clamp phone holder for the car though so I don't have to keep taking it out of the case when I'm in the car.

citronut

Post by citronut »

Xac wrote: I swear Tefal are interested in the backing of the phone
so it has a red spot on the back then, that indicates when your phone calls are getting heated :twisted: :o :-D :wink:

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers »

citronut wrote:
Xac wrote: I swear Tefal are interested in the backing of the phone
so it has a red spot on the back then, that indicates when your phone calls are getting heated :twisted: :o :-D :wink:
It has lost of spots on the back, I'm sure they're all tiny anti-gravity generators!
People have put their Nexus 4 on desks they thought were level and noticed it slowly moving across the desk.