BX instrument lights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ohms69

BX instrument lights

Post by ohms69 »

The instrument lights do not come on with the headlights...Is this any easty fix and where should I start.
i had the same problem with my Xantia and never managed to isolate tyhe fault.
thanks again
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

hi, the bx instrument lights come on with the ignition, not when you turn the lights on. Have you looked to see if your reostat is turned up to the highest setting? Its located underneath the steering cowel, near the bonnet release.
Paul
ohms69

Post by ohms69 »

Hi,
Nope, it's as dead as a Do-do. The first thing I tried was the rheostat.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Try if you can either pull out the reostat control or reach in behind w/ your hand. Often the connector has simply unplugged.
The reostat assembly is quite easy to pop out - only held by a couple of springy plastic wings.
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Once you get the reostat out, check the circuit as I have known them to burn out,
JoSawday
My Cars:

Post by JoSawday »

Have you tried this...
My old BX and now my Xantia both have problems remembering that they have instrument lights. Either the petrol gauge doesn't illuminate or the top half of the speedo and/or rev counter or all three or more. A hefty thump on top of the dash usually brings some of them back on but it's a bit of a game as others then sometimes go off. I like to count how many thumps it takes to get them all on!!!