I put the C5 for sale....but

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stu9

I put the C5 for sale....but

Post by stu9 »

Got offered a 00' 316 1.8 Compact....I said no thanks

I might have did it but the thought of more expensive tax,ins (probably) and less mpg put me off, plus it's BM's idea of a hatch....I prefer saloons or estates.

Mind you, it's alot better looking and driving than a C5 will ever be....(scratches chin..)
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: I put the C5 for sale....but

Post by qprdude »

What's an 00' 316 Compact?
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
stu9

Post by stu9 »

Think of a saloon with a short boot....but the window lifts ie hatch
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Mind you, it's alot better looking and driving than a C5 will ever be....(scratches chin..)
If it was a proper b'em i may agree but the compact isnt a patch on the drive of a C5, its smaller, much more expensive to run and more importantly than any of that..........................ITS A GIRLS CAR :shock:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I cannot see the point of physically comparing a SWB with a LWB car.

A more honest appraisal would address which one suits your needs and preferences.

From the POV of having done workshop time, the BMWs were frequently owned by people who could not quite afford them - hence they were always crumbling in some capacity - leaking hoses, worn out brakes, dodgy tyres or flogged out chassis components.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I briefly had a BMW 5 series estate, the IDI one, it was rubbish compared with the XM, no space, no ride comfort and no low down torque. Depends what you want from a car of course, if you are a boy racer a Beemer is fine but if you want comfort and space you can't beat the hydropnumatic Citroens.

Peter
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

I believe BMW owners sneer at the 316 hatch, saying it's what people buy when they can't afford a real BMW.
I suppose it's true, although not very nice.
Would it be like saying "I drive a Merc" then turning up in an "A" class, or even a Smart for 4?
The 316 always reminds me on a Rover, either the 200 series or the 400, can't remember which. Agree about the comparison. Totally different cars for totally different purposes, and shouldn't really have the same customer base.
It says a lot that a 2000 316 can be had for around £500-£600. Much the same as a series 1 C5, despite the "Badge appeal" for the less decerning motorist. :roll: :wink:
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.