Lane Departure Warning System

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

begins
My Cars:

Lane Departure Warning System

Post by begins »

Hi all,

I am thinking aloud to fit a LDWS to my 2007 citroen. May I ask how feasible it is to buy the sensors from ebay and get it fitted by a mechanic?

Kindly advise me and Thank you very much.

Regards,
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: Lane Departure Warning System

Post by Lighty »

I have just seen it on a C4 that I have in for repairs this week. The under tray where it is fitted is quite robust compared to normal, to hold all the sensors in place, I must say it looks reasonably straight forward, and if your current car can have it then it should be able to be configured by Lexia. Must say its not a job I would undertake lightly.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

isnt that what the armco barrier and the cars either side of you are for :yikes: :shock: :twisted: :roll: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Sean602
Location: Roslin -yes the one with the chapel in Dan Browns book.
My Cars:

Post by Sean602 »

>Snigger<

how did we ever manage to actually drive anywhere in the olden days without careering off the verge, skidding in to the car in front or reversing through the garage wall.
kissing the lash
white van (turbo, computer and built by Citroen, what could possibly go wrong!)
orange 2cv
blue 2cv( been to the Sahara and back)
red Dyane( in bits)
Skoda (thank goodness there is a teutonic vehicle on the drive)
Stainless Siemens fridge freezer
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

well i spoz cars that drive them selves are only just around the corner, o feel all these gadgets and gizmos are on route to just that,

the stranded of driving these days it might not be a bad thing top take control away from the occupants
Last edited by citronut on 21 Mar 2013, 09:34, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, malcolm.

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Sean602 wrote:>Snigger<

how did we ever manage to actually drive anywhere in the olden days without careering off the verge, skidding in to the car in front or reversing through the garage wall.

Simple answer,a lot of drivers didn't.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Gibbo2286 wrote:
Sean602 wrote:>Snigger<

Simple answer,a lot of drivers didn't.
or dont/cant
Regards, malcolm.

wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Asuming the wiring is already there (which i don't know if it is) then it shouldnt be that hard, apart from the 6 sensors though you would also need the LDWS ECU, the 2 vibration motors for under the drivers seat & the disable button on the dash. If I remember right the undertrays have cutout markings on them already where the sensors fit.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Son in law has it on his VW Sharan. I don't think he uses it much, since he needed to switch lanes rapidly to avoid a lump of timber on the M40 and the LDS kicked in because he had no time to use the signals. If the Citroen one is the same, you need to indicators on to over-ride the system or it drags you back quite strongly. Never yet had an emergency where indicating takes priority over avoidance.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

I don't know much about the VW version but the citroen one doesn't drag you back. It just makes a motor in the base of the seat vibrate if you cross a white line in the road doing more that 50 without an indicator on, the left side of the seat vibrates if your drifting left & the right does the same if you drift right. It's more a warning system for if you loose concentration or dose off at the wheel.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

So the trick would be, not to lose concentration while driving? Sounds too much like taking responsibility for the drivers lack of it. I'd be concerned that some drivers would push the boundaries, knowing they have an alarm ready to prevent them causing an accident.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
begins
My Cars:

Post by begins »

wheeler wrote:I don't know much about the VW version but the citroen one doesn't drag you back. It just makes a motor in the base of the seat vibrate if you cross a white line in the road doing more that 50 without an indicator on, the left side of the seat vibrates if your drifting left & the right does the same if you drift right. It's more a warning system for if you loose concentration or dose off at the wheel.
Yap, it is something good to have, considering I need to drive about 120Km each day.

On top of that, it is a personal fulfillment to get my old C5 fully equipped 8-) .

Another such consideration would be the Blind Spot Detection System.

Regards,
neil123
My Cars: 2001 Xantia 110 Hdi Forte estate - owned from new.
1984 2cv Special
Various modern crap!

Post by neil123 »

It makes the seat vibrate if you cross a lane marking doing more tha 50 mph without an indicator on?

I seem to remember on my police advanced course, the theory was you should never need to indicate on a motorway/dual carriageway except if you've miscalculated - because you shouldn't be changing lanes where it'd be even interesting to anyone else... you wait, then move when a signal would not be needed...

So much for progress... towards the triumph of the 'I was indicating, you should have let me out' brigade.

Ye gods.
Sean602
Location: Roslin -yes the one with the chapel in Dan Browns book.
My Cars:

Post by Sean602 »

neil123 wrote:It makes the seat vibrate if you cross a lane marking doing more tha 50 mph without an indicator on?

I seem to remember on my police advanced course, the theory was you should never need to indicate on a motorway/dual carriageway except if you've miscalculated - because you shouldn't be changing lanes where it'd be even interesting to anyone else... you wait, then move when a signal would not be needed...

So much for progress... towards the triumph of the 'I was indicating, you should have let me out' brigade.

Ye gods.
exactomondo! =D>

they should have that system indicator cancelling thing on Audis and BMWs just to teach them to use their indicators for a change

( and dont get me started on slip lanes where joining traffic seems to think it's "right of way" rather than "give way")

:-D ah thats better
kissing the lash
white van (turbo, computer and built by Citroen, what could possibly go wrong!)
orange 2cv
blue 2cv( been to the Sahara and back)
red Dyane( in bits)
Skoda (thank goodness there is a teutonic vehicle on the drive)
Stainless Siemens fridge freezer
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

neil123 wrote:
Ye gods.
so your saying your not meant to make other road users aware of your intentions :o :? :wink: ,

i was always taught you are meant to let other road users know what you are doing/planning to do on any/all types of road
Regards, malcolm.