lexia problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

lexia problem

Post by deano1970 »

hi,
I have had my lexia running but decided to format my laptop with the intention of using it just for the lexia,I thought there was a partition on the hdd which there wasn't so it wiped everything. I found an old xp disc with service pack2 and installed windows again,anyway, I have xp on my laptop but cannot get lexia to accept the customer code even though I have run the v6 patch? just keep geting error message....any help would be much appreciated,thanks.........
C5 X7
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Re: lexia problem

Post by Ben82 »

Try grabbing the 7.02 ISO from http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/sho ... p?tid=2375" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; And follow the video in the 2nd post exactly. (If you don't want to register on that site to get the text file to download, then send me a PM, and I'll send it to you). You can then update to 7.07.
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

thanks ben,i'll try that....can't figure out why it won't accept my code though,it did in the first instance?? but I think i will give that a try and see what happens.cheers.......only prob I have is i wiped everything off my laptop and I can't even get it to connect to the net at the mo... will maybe put it on a different drive then stick it on the laptop,cheers
C5 X7
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

hi ben, had a look at that video (no sound) and I don't see him run the patch?? do I run the v6 patch then put in the same details as in the video?? cheers......
C5 X7
Ben82

Post by Ben82 »

deano1970 wrote:hi ben, had a look at that video (no sound) and I don't see him run the patch?? do I run the v6 patch then put in the same details as in the video?? cheers......
That one is already patched.... (actually all the ones I've installed I haven't needed to use the patch :))
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

no joy getting lexia up and running but I am convinced it is something I have done by formatting my laptop.......I go throught the procedure and after I run the patch, and restart diagbox, instead of going to the screen to enter customer code, it always gives a message please wait while the application closes, it will then re start but I always get the smae failure of the activation (error 0) message.uninstalled it a few times and even formatted lappy but always same result. Sure it is a laptop problem.wish I had left it as it was, I think I am going to have to buy a decent copy of windows xp pro and try again......can't see another way round it...... :(
C5 X7
Ben82

lexia problem

Post by Ben82 »

Did you update xp to sp3?

Edit: oh and I seem to remember reading that you need to still have it connected to the Internet for activation to work.
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

hi ben, no, as I said,I thought windows was on a partition on the hdd,it wasn't and wiped everything.I only have it running because I found a very old xp disc only sp2 though, and windows won't activate anyway cos the coa on my laptop is for windows xp pro....so in 30 days I will be screwed anyway.Think I am going to have to buy a copy of xp pro with sp3, found one on e bay only £17.00 with original licence key??
C5 X7
Ben82

Post by Ben82 »

If I recall sp3 doesn't need to be activated to be installed. You should be able to just download the full thing and install it.

Did you see my edit to my precious message too?
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

my laptop has finger print recognition and wireless on it but it came back totally different to how it was when I formatted it,I guess if I get it running properly again I will need to load all the drivers from the website for my laptop to get things going as they were....does it need to be sp3 to work??
C5 X7
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

I did ben yes but same thing happens which makes me certain it is the laptop and not the software that is the problem. It was fine,just a bit slow before I formatted the laptop and as I say, now the program closes before I can put in customer number and I always have to restart diagbox.......
C5 X7
Ben82

Post by Ben82 »

You maybe able to get away with sp2, get the Internet connected as the first thing and try Lexia again. Think sp3 is recommended at least, but you may find it works on sp2.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Dean, what is the make of your laptop? If it is a Dell I may be able to help [-o< [-o<

I have just got the EasyDiagnostics Lexia (I know, you don't think much of them, Ben), and in the installation instructions it tells you to back up the C:\AWROOT\BIN folder. I wonder if this has some sort of security files in there, linked to the installation date and the computer electronic serial numbers. I know for a fact that this can be done, generating a SID (Security IDentifier). When you get your lexia working I would back up that folder.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

with it being a chaep lexia and instructions on using the patch etc, I wouldn't have thought being connected to the internet would be any help ben? also, with regard to pc's, I get message to activate windows and to do it by phone,I had to input a load of numbers(not licence key) and got automated message telling me my o/s may be pirated.It isn't,and the coa on the bottom of the laptop is correct,verified by microsoft,so I can only imagine it won't activate because I am trying to activate windows home esition with an xp pro licence key? as for the lexia, I am gettin fed up of trying to get it to work, although I accept it has to be my fault.....
C5 X7
deano1970

Post by deano1970 »

my laptop is a toshiba tecra m5........I have looked on here and other online places for help but so far not had any luck...As for security and installation dates, I have also re formatted the pc so everything is wiped off so I don't think that is it, though I don't really know for sure??
C5 X7