My return to french car ownership

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Martycit

My return to french car ownership

Post by Martycit »

Bought this at the back end of October for £600 and in surprisingly good condition with 9 months tax and test on it (£150 worth of tax) drives great - always wanted one, immediately presented me with battery discharge probs which turned out to be faulty stereo, 115k on clock with plenty of history - not an SE but does have an aftermarket cruise control which does not work ??

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: My return to french car ownership

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome back Marty :-D

Good to see you have the 406 Coupé with the correct engine 8-)

Manual or Auto?

Martycit

Post by Martycit »

Manual - its the only option for me especially after my V6 Xantia box gave up at 64k.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Martycit wrote:Manual - its the only option for me especially after my V6 Xantia box gave up at 64k.
Yes, I can imagine that puts you off the autoboxes a little... A manual one does go with a nice degree of urgency I find!

Martycit

Post by Martycit »

They do and having owned a V6 estate a couple of years back I was keen to get another but as a coupe,its a weekend car really and a lot more comfortable and quieter than i thought it would be, suspension set up is great - not too hard or too soft - all the miles go on the van which aint too slow itself with 101 hp :)