53 Citroen Relay 2.2 hdi central locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Taipan

53 Citroen Relay 2.2 hdi central locking

Post by Taipan »

Hi All
My Relay has never had the central locking working either by remote or key. I note the wires to the rear door have been cut though. I seem to recall this is often a result of theft attempts as it can short the c/locking and make the doors open?If that is the case it maybe the c/locking system has been intentionally disabled? If you were going to do this where would you cut the power to the system? Is there somewhere you can unplug it? Comparing mine to an identical model I have all teh same fuses and relays in place on the fuse boxes so its not been done there. Any ideas?
Many thanks
PS I did try the BSI reset thing just in case but to no avail.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: 53 Citroen Relay 2.2 hdi central locking

Post by spider »

I think the CL relay is up under the dash, left hand side (for both LHD/RHD) I could be wrong. If I wanted to disable the CL I'd unplug the relay nothing more.

Not heard of the shorting trick although to be honest that is a difficult way of doing it, there are far easier ways to open it. Not that I'm going to post them here.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Taipan

Re: 53 Citroen Relay 2.2 hdi central locking

Post by Taipan »

Thanks for the reply. I'll have a look for the relay or missing relay! A guy said to me its not uncommon for vans to have the CL disabled so they can have the side door open and work from that without the worry of someone creeping round the other side and stealing whatever. So whilst I've heard of it , this would be my first case of actually coming across a van with CL disabled if that is what has been done with mine?

The shorting trick may have been more for Transits and is pretty well publicised with Ford even modifying them due to the widespread problem. Some locksmiths offer a solution too with products like cable guard. http://www.locks4vans.co.uk/products_cableguard.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;