servicing tips? plus heater fault...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ankou

servicing tips? plus heater fault...

Post by ankou »

I'll try not to bore you all but any advice is greatfully taken.

My C5 2007 2.0 petrol has done very little miles with its previous owner plus the oil hasn't been changed for 14 months, and is in need of a oil and spark plugs change. I was thinking, would it be worth flushing the engine out with some value oil before putting the good stuff in. I have used that trick frequently with other cars but not sure if it's a good idea with this engine. I was thinking change the filter and refill with Wilco Value 20w50 engine oil, run it for a week and then change it for the Castrol Edge I get on job lot terms from work. What do you guys think?
Also the car could do with having its plugs changed, what diameter plug socket will I need to remove them?

Final question, the climate control when set to hot does not warm up much at all, usually to about 13c. Cold works fine, but never gets hotter than that. Any ideas on what may be at fault that I can check before accepting its a dash out job.

Cheers guys, I appreciate the help!
Citroen C5 2.0 VTR 2007 ........ My daily smoker
Citroen Saxo 1.6 VTS 2002....... under the stewardship of my missus :/
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: servicing tips? plus heater fault...

Post by Lighty »

I personally wouldn't recommend doing the oil flush with the 20/50 you suggest, that is totally the wrong grade, and far too thick for a modern car.Either use a cheap oil of the correct grade or a good flush like Forte.
Your heating issue is a more tricky one, is the exterior temp registering correctly ?, does the car have dual zone climate?, is the engine getting up to the correct working temp?.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
ankou

Re: servicing tips? plus heater fault...

Post by ankou »

It does have dual zone, both sides are the same in regards to the lukewarm temp. Car always seems to come up to full temp, coolant temp gauge to half as normal, and outside temp reads right consistently. Really have no idea.
Citroen C5 2.0 VTR 2007 ........ My daily smoker
Citroen Saxo 1.6 VTS 2002....... under the stewardship of my missus :/