Xantia Rear jacking points

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

melkig
My Cars:

Xantia Rear jacking points

Post by melkig »

Hi All,

Just tried to jack up the car with by the rear sill jacking points but the sill on one side is beginning to bend and collapse as it gets more weight on. I assume it's a symptom of the dreaded rusting door Jamb:-
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=42540" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Question is, anyone else experienced this level of corrosion at that point and are there any solutions? The other side does seem fine so I'm hoping that a lot of cutting/patching and re-welding might just be able to save the day. On the surface there looks to be no issue and the "stick the long screwdriver in" test shows it's not too corroded to let that through.

Thanks
1998 Late MK1 Xantia
Running on WVO in the wilds of Yorkshire
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia Rear jacking points

Post by CitroJim »

Seen it once like that on a scrapper where the sill just crumbled as the jack went up into it...

Better you jack up on the rear subframe on the flat area ahead of the wheel cylinder for now...

Doubtless connected with the door jamb corrosion...

Nothing a good MOT-standard welder should not be able to sort out...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
melkig
My Cars:

Re: Xantia Rear jacking points

Post by melkig »

Thanks Jim. It's not quite at the crumbling stage yet so should be able to sort it.

Looks like the trolley jack will be traveling with me for a while. Don't fancy the v on that flat area

Thanks
Mark
1998 Late MK1 Xantia
Running on WVO in the wilds of Yorkshire