handbrake sticking on

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bikerbadge

handbrake sticking on

Post by bikerbadge »

hi all i have a mk1 pug 307 2.0 hdi and all has been sweet till a trip up north this week to see the family well once i arrived up north i parked the car up for the evening and returned to it the following morning and tried to drive away and noticed that i wernt going no where it looked like the hanbrake had frozan up so got a hammer and gave the wheel a couple a whacks to help free it up but to no avail so i took it for a wee drive and that seemed to help so carried on with my day with everything working well so left the car outside mi old dears for a couple a hours and tried to drive away and the same thing happened again so from that moment i havent used the hanbrake and just left it in gear when parked up but thats no ideal and need to sus it out soon lol anyone any ideas?? caliper maybe?? thanks all
"92" Citroen ZX
"93" Citroen ZX
"97" Citroen ZX
"02" Citroen C5 (current)
and various other makes n models
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: handbrake sticking on

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I had a (slightly) similar experience on my Xantia, in that the nearside front brake sometimes would bind (and produce quite a bit of smoke after a short distance). Clouting it would clear the problem for a while. I found that the handbrake cable had worn through its sleeving, and the inner core was rusted and binding. I replaced both cables, problem solved.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!