Part number indentification help if possible please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

abs66

Part number indentification help if possible please

Post by abs66 »

Hi Guys,
I've just managed to get up off the floor after receiving a quote for a Comms2000 unit for my 04 2.0 HDi Desire2 from the local Citroen dealer (you know the feeling)!!
I was wondering if anyone could help me identify the part number as I suspect I will have to go down the second hand / re-manufactured route.

I did ask the Citroen dealer but he was adamant he would not give me the part number!!

I love this car for some reason and want to get it right asap as its in for mot test next Thursday and I'm praying that one of you kind people would point me in the right direction or even tell me is it repairable as I understand earlier ones are.
Does anyone happen to know of a good honest citroen scrappy in the North west or north midlands as I'm based in warrington and happy to travel for the right part.

I've run out of things to cross. PS I've been reading and searching through these and other citroen related forums but I bet I've missed the post with all I need to know in it but its not for want of looking!

Thanks for any help/advice/mickey taking, any response is better than none :)

Cheers
Pete
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Part number indentification help if possible please

Post by spider »

You could register for servicebox to get the part number. I bet the dealers price was around 250 mark at a guess ? Trouble is I don't think the part number that PSA use is on the item anyway.

There are a few types though depending if you have auto wipers / auto lights / ESP etc etc.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Harlequin
Donor 2023
My Cars: Xantia Activa - one day I`ll own her again! Also miss my `old` 405 GLx4
2005 C5 3 Litre V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue and my 1997 Xantia Exclusive V6

Post by Harlequin »

http://service.citroen.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

^^ register there and put your VIN in :D
Simon
abs66

Post by abs66 »

Brilliant thanks for the link guys I will do that as soon as I'm on the main pc.
They quoted me 316 and told me they would need to program it as well. I thought it only needed programming if I had esp which I haven't as far as I am aware.
No auto lights and no auto wipers either.
The hunt for a Comm2000 and rear wiper motor continue.
Thanks again guys.
Cheers
Pete
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I'm sure citroenmad will be along soon and confirm my suspicion that he replaced the com2000 in one of his C5s for about a third of that price.
abs66

Post by abs66 »

That would be nearer my budget after some little sod broke my windscreen forcing me to buy a new one!
The price quoted seems very steep considering that it really should be a recall issue in my opinion, very dangerous when it flashes drivers who pull out in front of you. Haha I'm surprised it wasn't on watchdog like the Renault dash thing.
Oh well it wouldn't be french if it didn't have quirky electrics.

Thanks for the replies so far it's nice to know there is help and advice out there.
Cheers
Pete
abs66

Post by abs66 »

As a matter of interest is there an obvious way for me to see if I have esp?
I can't see anything that says I've got it.
I'm really wary of buying a second hand unit in case they send the wrong one. I don't mind having a go at fixing mine if it's possible.
I've got 4 days to sort it one way or the other so I will keep on googling and checking all the great advice you've given me so far.
Again, thanks for all your help so far.
Cheers
Pete
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

Have you registered on service.citroen.com? if not either do so, or post the last 8 digits of your vin here.

If you have.. just click on Characteristics, then expand "Suspension-Steering-Brakes", it should have "Electronic Stability Program" in that list if you do have it.
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
abs66

Post by abs66 »

Hi Ben thanks for the reply.
Got a duff monitor on the pc at present just when I need the tinterweb the most so stuck using my phone at the moment so am going to register on the citroen service site when I can pop round a mates.
The last 8 of my vin are
Thanks for the assistance. I hope I'm not coming across as rude that is not my intention. Its just weird typing on a phone and I'm stressing as I have a deadline I can't change to give me more time unfortunately.
My Picasso will be my living as I'm a taxi driver and I have to get everything done by test day which is Thursday. Since buying my pic it's thrown me some curve balls and I've pretty much run out of money to do many more repairs. £316 for the comm 2000 thing is a killer after just forking out for a new windscreen.
It would be a whole lot more easy if one of the citroen dealers would give me a part no for the comm 2000 but they point blank refuse.
I'm very grateful of any assistance I'm given and hope to repay that favour as I gain more knowledge over the coming years.
Cheers
Pete
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

No ESP:

DYNAMIC STABILITY CONTROL SYSTEM WITHOUT ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM

Here's the part no for the Coms2000 unit:

6239 AV
RP 6242 C3

MULTI-FUNCTION CONTROL UNIT

ie there was a change of part number to 6242C3. List price is £316.50 :twisted: Also fitted to some Xsara Cars and C8s. GSF used to do replacement units IIRC.
Richard W
abs66

Post by abs66 »

Thanks for the info.
Let me see if I understand correctly
I have NO esp
And
I have to have the new part no or can I still use the old part no for example from Peugeot parts?
Ps you have no idea how the information you are helping me with is lowering my stress levels!
Cheers
Pete
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

The new one may incorporsate some improvements to how it is made; best to seek it out.

p.s. http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=6 ... &_from=R40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
abs66

Post by abs66 »

Hi Addo thanks for the eBay link they are quite a bit cheaper :)
They show stalks with auto lights and mine doesn't have that feature at the moment... Do the new stalks add that feature?
I might add I'm happy with a working second hand or fixed one to get me through test this week I can always buy a brand new unit in a few weeks and keep it as a spare it's just a time problem at present.
Can the older model number actually be repaired do you know?
Ps my nickname is Abbo so I took a double take when I saw your post lol.
Cheers
Pete
abs66

Post by abs66 »

Bit of a long shot I know, but does anyone on this forum have a Comm2000 for sale by any chance?
I never thought to ask! I'm not seeing the wood for the trees at the moment!
Cheers
Pete.
Added pics below as my stalks don't have auto lights. Is there a site somewhere that will tell me what other vehicles had that unit fitted? Maybe I can cross reference like we used to with filters many moons ago.

Again, thanks for any suggestions and please don't worry about offending me if I'm being a prat, I'm in such a rush I'm probably missing really obvious stuff!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the only citroen model showing on service citroen with an all families search is

"1 document(s) found for XSARA PICASSO"

i havent checked pug service box as yet, but there may well be a pug uses the same unit
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years