EML & Anti Pollution

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Hunsno1

EML & Anti Pollution

Post by Hunsno1 »

Hi Folks, looking for a bit of advice.

The wifes just been out in the C8 and phoned up distraught. She'd run out of diesel.

I dashed out filled the jerry can and put a gallon in the car. Left it a couple of minutes before trying to start it and then turned the key. It started pretty quickly but after a minute or two the Anti Pollution warning popped up and the Engine Management Light came on.

So questions: What do we do from here? Is something busted or does the ecu just need resetting? Have we inadvertantly done something wrong? The handbook was bloody useless! I know my old Laguna would have needed priming but nothing in the handbook to say anything of the sort was required and when it started I thought, Bingo!

Any help would be appreciated.
Hunsno1

Re: EML & Anti Pollution

Post by Hunsno1 »

Well that was a lot of panic over bugger all!

Left the car for an hour, went back out to it and my heart sank, still getting the Anti Pollution warning and EML still on. Thought, well I need to put some diesel in it so off I went to the petrol station a mile down the road. Put £20 in it. Got back in the car and no more lights or warnings.

Phew!!
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

When mine had the Anti Pollution warning (6+ month ago now), it went away after a couple of re-starts of the car. Might be worth seeing if there's someone with a lexia nearby, who can read what the fault was, and possibly clear it.
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
waynedance

Post by waynedance »

Best to not run car so low on fuel ... :-**
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.