CPH

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allanmc
My Cars:

CPH

Post by allanmc »

hI, as you might know I have been in contact with Noz from the XM forum who has been working on my car and is going to fit an ECU and CPH next weekend but to save him a bit of time before I go over to him I want to dismantle as much as I can I know where the CPH is with the glovebox out I can see it but I need to know if I have to remove the airbag and the flap above it could someone please help how exactly do I go about it

Thanks
Allan
Xantia 2.0i SX Auto, 1999
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Re: CPH

Post by citroenxm »

Ah allan your the mystery owner he is helping...

I need to get the spare ecu and cph in the post then.. yes.. I beleve the passenger air bag does need to come out to get the cph out though ive not done it that way myself yet and always had the dash out first.. I was gonna give it a go on a spare scrap hdi I got here and see how it went..

The air bag is removed after removing all 20 odd 8mm IIRC nuts along the edge of the air bag underside...
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Allan,

I didn’t get a call from your helper last evening evening though I was expecting him to call.

I repeat that before you faff about swapping ECUs and CPHs make sure you have the matching ECU, CPH, Transponder and keys along with the CPH confidential code for the new CPH.

If you don't have all this then you cannot do the job. Period. End of. Finito.

I consider the whole undertaking to be an exceedingly risky one anyway with a good possibility of immobilising the car..

As Paul says, getting the airbag out to get reasonable access to the CPH and transponder is a pain.

Has Noz proved there is not a problem with ignition switching supplies to the ECU and CPH?

I'd still be looking at a workaround to this involving helper relays directly ignition switched to isolate the parts that appear to be remaining live with the ignition switched off..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
allanmc
My Cars:

Post by allanmc »

Thanks for the quick response firstly the airbag I will contact the scrappy who I spoke to yesterday and ask how they got the CPU out of the car looking at it I cant see it being very difficult I am sure that the airbag unit in my car is held in with 4 screws but what I dont know is how the flap on top of the dashboard is fixed but as I said I will talk to the scrappy Jim I have been in contact with Noz on the XM forum and he seems to be confidant that he can do this so with a bit of luck after Sunday I will report back with good or bad news

Allan
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Allan.. Theres deafeatley more then four bolts holding the air bag in place.. Theres two bars on the back top and bottom and about twenty bolts... Ah you have a matched cph.. I forgot the point about your key card code.. You Must have that for your car to match the keys up after... It should be in your handbook wallet with the service book and radio book.
That was a good point to remember jim I forgot about that..
The transponder pickup does not need to be matched.. That can be done with lexis after with your key card security card..

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If you have a matched set then in theory you don't need the transponder code, they should already be programmed. However it would be handy to have it in case you need to add or delete any keys in the future. Alternatively keep a note of the donor cars VIN if you have access to it & the code can be had from that in the future.
allanmc
My Cars:

Post by allanmc »

Hi Citroenxm does the wee flap on the top of the dashboard come out when you undo the screws on the airbag
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Allan, I had a long chat to Norrie the other evening about this. has he spoken to you lately?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

allanmc wrote:Hi Citroenxm does the wee flap on the top of the dashboard come out when you undo the screws on the airbag
Yes, the whole lot lifts out as a complete thing, leaves a big gap then..

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
allanmc
My Cars:

Post by allanmc »

I removed the airbag from the car this morning and I must agree with you its a pain but thats it out and it gives a wee bit more access to the CPH I sent a text to Noz and he told me he had been speaking to you Jim and as you said the job isnt as strait forward as he had first thought so he is going to try and get some more information and then hopefully go ahead with the changeover

Thanks

allan
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Allan,

I gave Norrie an idea for a potential work-around to try...

It will avoid replacing the ECU and CPH and the associated risks...
Jim

allanmc
My Cars:

Post by allanmc »

Thanks Jim