Xantia electric sunroof

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Nikolaymk

Xantia electric sunroof

Post by Nikolaymk »

The electric sun roof of my Xantia has never worked ever since I bought it, but I'm able to fully open or tilt it with the emergency manual lever provided. Can something go wrong from regular use of that???
I'm trying to fix the roof:
The roof cables seem all right, the roof fuse looks fine, when the button is pressed a clicking sound is heard from the motor but it doesn't do anything else. Is this a matter of replacing the motor? Has anyone done this.
Many thanks.
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Hi, have you tried removing the motor? if you can, try releasing it so the spindle is out of the mechanism and then try the switch, if it move then you will know the motor is ok, I replced the motor on my BX and that was easy, I also used silicone spray on the runners and cable tracking, this helped to clear the crud from over the years.
Paul
Nikolaymk

Post by Nikolaymk »

That's so simple that I didn't even think of it. Many thanks. Off to the garage now...
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Have fun
frankie

Post by frankie »

mine went like that, I pumped WD40 followed by spray grease into the motor gearbox (from on top so it ran down into the gubbins) and also soaked the guides & cables with it. I kept operating the switch and eventually it returned to normal operation although now it dosn't close as well as it used to (sub-millimeter gap) so I get more wind noise at 60+.
Anyone found a way of adjusting the stop position to take out the small gap (apart from my draft excluder tape bodge)?
SX TD 95
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Nikolaymk</i>

I'm able to fully open or tilt it with the emergency manual lever provided. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
As far as I am aware, to use the manual lever you have to disconnect the drive from the motor.
Nikolaymk

Post by Nikolaymk »

No, you can use the lever anyway. And Frankie, you can use the lever provided (or a suitable size allen key)to manually close that roof and eliminate the gap. Winter's coming anyway.
puddle jumper
My Cars:

Post by puddle jumper »

The guide that runs in the track on the rear strut on the drivers side broke in half on mine. it ment that to put it up or retract it you had to breifly push the switch in the opposite direction before it would work. - I could not see how to get it out easily so I strapped the two halves together with a small cable tie. 12 months on still working fine.