xantia heater motor trasistors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allanmc
My Cars:

xantia heater motor trasistors

Post by allanmc »

I need to replace the transistors can you tell me how to remove the fan assembly from the motor
thanks
allan
Xantia 2.0i SX Auto, 1999
electronmirror
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5 2.0 (163) diesel Exclusive Tourer 2010
Xantia Exclusive HDI Estate

Re: xantia heater motor trasistors

Post by electronmirror »

Hello Allan,

From memory you don't need to separate the fan from the armature of the motor.
You should find 3 Torx or Philips head screws holding the frame of the motor. Remove those and the fan/armature should pull straight out. The finned heat sink and printed circuit board is then easily removed.

Good luck.
Ted
2010 C5 2.0 diesel(163) Exclusive Tourer (118,000miles)
1999 Xantia Exclusive Estate 110 Hdi Mauritius Blue with self peeling lacquer finish (276,174miles)

1991 XM Prestige 2.0 Auto(157,000 miles) gone but not forgotten
allanmc
My Cars:

Post by allanmc »

I have the motor unit on the bench but cant see how the fan comes off to get the transistor heat sink off I tried to get the HS off by removing the screws which hold it but I couldnt manage it
allan
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

There's a single phillips screw in the bottom of the blower unit, remove this, then pull the fan/motor out together. You need to unplug the wire somewhere first. Power board can then be easily removed.
Richard W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

You need to disconnect the motor feed wires from the board first, they're the red and black wires with single plugs on them..

Some assemblies hide the motor retaining screw very effectively...

The fan cannot be removed from the shaft in any sensible way and without damage...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Clogzz
My Cars:

Re: xantia heater motor transistors

Post by Clogzz »

Image Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by Clogzz on 03 Jun 2013, 06:10, edited 1 time in total.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: xantia heater motor transistors

Post by CitroJim »

Clogzz wrote:Image Image Image
Image Image
Ahh that's interesting Clogzz as that's how the XM blower is held into the housing with those three rubber tangs...

I not yet seen it on a Xantia but I'd not be at all surprised if some didn't make their way into a Xantia so thanks muchly for posting those pictures.

So if you can't find any screws, look for the three rubber tangs and ease them out with a big screwdriver...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
allanmc
My Cars:

Post by allanmc »

OK Guys, job done, for information there are 3 screws on the bottom on my fan unit after they are out just pull the motor / fan out as you said, at the same time as doing this my Airbag light was flashing and as I said Citroen wanted £24 got one for a fiver from the same place as the ECU so thats 2 jobs done only leaves the ECU going to the guy from the XM forum to fit it I will let you know how I get on

allan