Is it just me....or is it rudeness?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Is it just me....or is it rudeness?

Post by qprdude »

Being semi retired, and with bugger all to keep me occupied today, I have been looking back through the last few weeks posts on the forum.
I've noticed quite a few members asking for advice on various problems, some kind members replying with very good detail, some with drawings, part numbers etc , to help out.
Now what gets right up my nose is, the people asking for help don't even bother to come back to the thread and at least acknowledge the fact that someone has taken time to assist. The amount of single reply threads surprised me.
No "thanks for your help" or "cheers, I'll try that"
I may be old fashioned, but to me, that is ignorant.
The method of asking is a bit iffy too sometimes. No introduction, just "Quick question...............................?" and then nothing.
Other times the question is completed with "any help greatly appreciated". Obviously not, as the help goes totally unanswered.

Sorry about the rant, but rudeness is something that has crept into society, but I would have thought that fellow forum members would be a bit more courteous to each other.
Most seem to be genuinely good and helpful people but they are let down by a few numpties.
Saying thanks cost nothing. [-X
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Northern_Mike

Re: Is it just me....or is it rudeness?

Post by Northern_Mike »

qprdude wrote:Being semi retired, and with bugger all to keep me occupied today, I have been looking back through the last few weeks posts on the forum.
I've noticed quite a few members asking for advice on various problems, some kind members replying with very good detail, some with drawings, part numbers etc , to help out.
Now what gets right up my nose is, the people asking for help don't even bother to come back to the thread and at least acknowledge the fact that someone has taken time to assist. The amount of single reply threads surprised me.
No "thanks for your help" or "cheers, I'll try that"
I may be old fashioned, but to me, that is ignorant.
The method of asking is a bit iffy too sometimes. No introduction, just "Quick question...............................?" and then nothing.
Other times the question is completed with "any help greatly appreciated". Obviously not, as the help goes totally unanswered.

Sorry about the rant, but rudeness is something that has crept into society, but I would have thought that fellow forum members would be a bit more courteous to each other.
Most seem to be genuinely good and helpful people but they are let down by a few numpties.
Saying thanks cost nothing. [-X
I think I notice it a little amongst some of the newer posterer. Many of us know other members in real life too and I think you can tell from the postings.

Also, a lot of people don't check the forum that often so might come back after a fair amount of time.

I've been on a few othet forums recently. One one particular one they just seem to be kn0bs. I don't bother with it any more!

The FCF is great and even though I don't own a proper french car at the moment, it's the one I always read..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Noticed that it's seems to be more newer members, but it doesn't excuse it. As far as not checking the forum that often, if I asked a member for help and advice, I'd be checking every day . Don't see the point in asking for help, then not checking if some kind soul has come up with an answer. Too often people treat the Forum like a free garage service! I've learned a lot about the C5 from just reading posts. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here and I just wish their efforts were always appreciated.
Rick.

old'uns
My Cars: '02 C5 - gone
'09 X7 - gone
CMax - X7 replacement - gone
Acadiane - lost to a V5c applicant
'06 C5 VTR auto est
'90 Honda Beat
'73 ST70 Dax
'75 ST Dax - 120 powered

Post by old'uns »

Not just you, get this on another Forum i'm on, but at least the Q's here are legible and bear some resemblance to whats wrong......

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=373521" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this particular specimen pops up only when he has a problem and never returns with a thanks.

.....and if you could , please move it to the right Forum, i mean..for god's sake !!! :lol:

sorry, couldn't resist 8-)
currently '06 C5 2.0 HDi auto estate Tip run and France trekker - well should be!! occupied currently by '10 Superb DSG 170 elegance- whistles and bells that work
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

See what you mean mate. Numbering questions as if the forum is a helpline!.
I suppose it's just the way people are these days, but what's difficult about saying thanks?
Ah well, if nothing else, it gives me an excuse to be a grumpy old git. :roll:
Rick.

mendedit
My Cars:

Post by mendedit »

What is rude and ignorant is when members that are 'freinds' start addressing each other by their real names
instead of their chosen forum name often with the inclusion of some private 'in' joke between them,
-An inner circle and those on the outside not knowing who's saying what about whom,
Those within the circle ask a question and it's Rob this jack that see you on Sunday ect.
others are often ignored.
Like being down the Pub when the 'I've lived 'ear all me life' brigade at the bar sort out the countrys
problems.
The world is full of them and a lot are in
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

qprdude wrote:Noticed that it's seems to be more newer members, but it doesn't excuse it. .
I agree, I just like to give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they've been on other forums where everyone is like that and haven't got into the FCF "quiet country pub snug" mode yet.

At least they are usually coherent and write in English. That other forum is a mess of chav and txt spk. Alr8 m8?

Grrr.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It's ongoing, has always happened and always will..

It's lovely to receive some feedback but if you don't well that's life and we can be happy we've tried... Hopefully the poster has been helped...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Don't get too down on this Jim, sorry I mean CitroJim :-D You're right, there are posters who just pop on here for quick answers to their cars maladies, but I do think that in the main this really is quite a friendly forum. Also even though text-speak and misspelling may be irritating I've never seen it belittled and it think that reflects well on the other users. There definitely are many positives here!
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Indeed, many, many positives here... Club-XM is exactly the same as this forum in atmosphere. A lovely place to be and I tend to spend my forum time divided between here and there...
Monkeyfeet wrote:Don't get too down on this Jim, sorry I mean CitroJim :-D
No, not at all. Just being very philosophical about it really. It's the way it is as I see it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

This post is the sort of thing I LOVE about this forum, (as my post in it shows);

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=42355" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

rudeness seems to be everywhere you go/look these days, i think it was Sir Jim said on here somewhere its evaluation, if thats the case they can keep it
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Fuzzybrush
My Cars:

Post by Fuzzybrush »

As my Mum says 'a please and thank you costs nothing'. I say the same to my children and grand children. In a lot of cases it's how you were brought up.

Dave now 57 :-)
2009 Citroen C5 III 2.7 V6 HDI Exclusive in really shiny Black
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

I think the general atmosphere on here and a few other Citroen forums are good due to a lot of us knowing each other in person through meeting up at events and rallies... Saying that I think that the majority of the Citroen enthusiasts world is pretty good...
superloopy wrote:Personally, I wonder whether this is an 'age' related issue.
Worth creating a new thread with poll, would be interesting. Not all of us young'uns are rude though... :wink:
Franklin
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

:roll: Old geezers you're just spring chickens.
Qprdude. 61. ( 62 in May ) 8-[
Rick.