Battery drain

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allanmc
My Cars:

Battery drain

Post by allanmc »

Back again went to a guy on the XM forum with a Lexia diagnosed faulty engine ecu he asked if I new someone with the same car that would let me try their ECU which would prove that was the fault before I go and buy one, so is there someone near me Cumbernauld with same car can you help me please

2000 Series 2 Xantia HDI 2Ltr. 110 BHP
Thanks
allanmc
Xantia 2.0i SX Auto, 1999
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Battery drain

Post by CitroJim »

It's not that easy Allan as the ECU is matched to the transponder, CPH and ignition keys. To try it you'd have to swap all those things and that's a major undertaking, not to say a risky one...

You’d be better off doing some modifications with relays to isolate the troublesome areas when the ignition is switched off...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
allanmc
My Cars:

Post by allanmc »

Jim are you saying that if I buy an ECU I cant just fit it to the car
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

superloopy wrote:think he is ...
I am.

The only exception is a brand-new unprogrammed virgin ECU that can be once-only programmed using a Lexia to your existing CPH and keys...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Out of curiosity how did the Lexia diagnose a faulty engine ECU causing a battery drain ? I cant imagine how a Lexia would be any help in diagnosing excessive current draw from the battery. The only things that I think would help find that type of fault is a multimeter & wiring diagrams.
allanmc
My Cars:

Post by allanmc »

Hi Wheeler, I should have said the guy with Lexia worked on the car for 4 hours with various meters and wiring diagrams and said it was a faulty ECU so as I have had this problem for nearly 2 years I am happy to go along with him on this, I have a second hand ECU in the post so I hope to have the car fixed by the weekend

allan