A303 Highway to the Sun

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

A303 Highway to the Sun

Post by red_dwarfers »

I've just been watching a documentary called A303 Highway to the Sun. It's a good watch for those who are familiar with it, very much a poetic look at the road which I liked. The music on the ending credits surprised me, a band called Kula Shaker wrote a song about it.

You can find your way home on the 303 8-)

Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Northern_Mike

Re: A303 Highway to the Sun

Post by Northern_Mike »

Christ this makes me feel old. I bought the CD with that song on it when it first came out back in 1995... I went to see Kula Shaker at Shepherds Bush back in 2008, brilliant. I did also get very, very drunk. What a great night.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: A303 Highway to the Sun

Post by CitroJim »

In watched that when it was broadcast on BBC4 I think it was because it's rather special to me...

I've travelled most of its length on a very regular basis for nigh on 40 years now. The bit between Bullington Cross (where the A34 and A303 have a junction) about 10 miles from where it disappears into the A3 right down almost to Yeovil at Podimore Cross I know it like the back of my hand.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...