car cut out now wont start

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rob H

car cut out now wont start

Post by Rob H »

hi everyone,
i was trying to find out why my cooling fan didnt work, (my car was over heating), i relized the fan relay wasnt working so i replaced the relay in cooling fan which turned out to be the wrong relay.(ment to be green it had black one in so i replaced it with a black one)

my car cut out and wont start again i have checked all fuses, i noticed the lift pump wont work when key is turned but it does work if i bridge the control relay (the 15 pin one behind ECU). i have replaced the relay and still nothing, the relay clicks when key is turned but pump wont activate.
I have error code p0380 glow plug/heater circuit (A)

can anyone please help me or advise me where to start looking thanks.

its a peugeot 306 (90) 2.0 hdi x reg 2000.

many thanksin advance.. Rob
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: car cut out now wont start

Post by CitroJim »

Rob, all signs suggest that the immobiliser is not deactivating correctly. This will account for the lift pump not working and the continued non-start when the pump is forced to run..

Often this is because the engine ECU and/or transponder has lost a supply. I suspect your investigations into the fan has disturbed something int he fuse/relay box and caused this issue.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Rob H

Post by Rob H »

thanks for your reply do you know if i can replace the ecu without programing everything.
Do i need to get one with key or anything else.
I never done this type of thing before im pretty usless with ecu's
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

The wiring under the front of the car, and inside the wheel arch liners is VERY prone for corrosion on a 306, check this carefully, as you have obviously been fiddling with the fan wiring. I bet you have disturbed it.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
Rob H

Post by Rob H »

error code p00cc and p00c8 has now came up, fuel pressure regulator solenoid open circuit and
fuel quantity adjustment circuit low.
how can this be possible by me blowing the fan circuit ???
Rob H

Post by Rob H »

so after a bit investigating this is where i am at now.
do you people thing a new wiring loom will sort the job out, i managed to get hold of a cheap one

diagran pic.png