Xantia Remote Keyfob not working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KevMayer
My Cars:

Xantia Remote Keyfob not working

Post by KevMayer »

I have two remote fobs for my Xantia. They both worked when I got the car but the one that was left in my cupboard doesn't work any more. I've tried changing the battery but it still fails. So, one works, the other doesn't. Is it possible to reprogramme the one thats not working. Somehow it seems out of step with the working unit. I just don't know what's gone wrong. A Citroen dealer wants silly money to put it right. I thought I'd ask my learned friends here first.
Thanks.
t4z1

Post by t4z1 »

i had the same problem with both my fobs
citroen dealers wanted £50 EACH!!!!
son i took them apart and found a dry soldered jount in both of them
an easy repair and im £100 better off
t4z1
------------------------------
xantia 1.9 td sx 95
gpz 750
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Try this :-
Turn the ignition on Ideally using a remote less key if you have one), then using the 1st & 2nd keyfob, press the door lock button on both keyfobs moving them back and forth towards the receiver next to your interior mirror. After a few back and forth movements, turn off the ignition and try the keyfobs. This should get them working. If they dont work, try again for a few times and even try pressing and releasing the door lock button as you move your keys back and forth. If you only us one key, you will only be able you use that one key to remote lock your door. Both keys will be coded at the same time .
With ignition on, the system goes into learning mode.
Worked fine on my car.
Good Luck
Paul.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Paul,
Thanks very much. They both now work.
I had a few combinations before I got it right. I managed to get the duff one working and the good one stopped working. But I soon realised that you turn the ignition on. Keep it on while I pointed each fob in turn at the sensor and pressed the door open button on each fob for about 10 secs. When I turned the ignition off and tried them they both worked. I couldn't believe it. I'm so happy (It doesn't take much to make me happy obviously). My wife thinks I'm very sad. But what does she know.... (don't tell her I said that !!!)
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Your welcome Kev,