Thoughts on this Lexia.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

den169
My Cars:

Thoughts on this Lexia.

Post by den169 »

Guys whats your thoughts on this lexia package looks good to me uk based and lots of good feedback.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... TQ:GB:1123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Re: Thoughts on this Lexia.

Post by Ben82 »

Seems like they're coming down in price, some eBay ones are a bit hit and miss (apparently)... I bought mine from this guy (the one without the 30pin connector), and haven't had any troubles with it on my '04 C5 (I use XP in a Virtual Machine on my laptop for it).
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
wideboyno1
My Cars:

Post by wideboyno1 »

Hope i caught you in time Den but DO NOT use the one Ben links to.I have no doubt he was happy with the service he received but the recent negative he received was from me (through my uncles ebay account).

His units do not work well with the C5 and 307 (not sure what car you have) and i had a load of trouble in trying to get a refund.Had to get eBay involved in the end but eventually got there.He has now added a tiny disclaimer at the end of his auctions stating that these 2 vehicles are not supported.What really annoyed me though was his attitude.... i can only repeat,for your own sanity,buy from elsewhere! I eventually got mine from Jim at Easydiagnostics which works fine albeit a bit more expensive.

Hope this helps.
Ben82

Post by Ben82 »

wideboyno1 wrote:Hope i caught you in time Den but DO NOT use the one Ben links to.I have no doubt he was happy with the service he received but the recent negative he received was from me (through my uncles ebay account).

His units do not work well with the C5 and 307 (not sure what car you have) and i had a load of trouble in trying to get a refund.Had to get eBay involved in the end but eventually got there.He has now added a tiny disclaimer at the end of his auctions stating that these 2 vehicles are not supported.What really annoyed me though was his attitude.... i can only repeat,for your own sanity,buy from elsewhere! I eventually got mine from Jim at Easydiagnostics which works fine albeit a bit more expensive.

Hope this helps.
Wow, didn't have that when I got mine. Didn't really have any attitude from him but then didn't really need to converse much. Jim is out of stock at the moment and comes at almost twice the price now (~£120).

As I said before though, with Jim I really can't trust his practice with selling the software on a Disc for £20. Makes me question his mark-up on the lexias too ~£40 (now ~£50 with the £10 discount he gives to FCF users) to filter out the working/non-working chinese clones?
407iain

Post by 407iain »

I got my pp2k/lexia software and interface from Jim at easy diagnostics. He does a bit of a discount for peugeotforums.com members.
Sent from my LT901 using Tapatalk 2
2011 RCZ THP 200 GT
Ben82

Post by Ben82 »

Well I asked sydmaz and he says it's newer C5s that are a problem (and the units are still the same as when I bought mine), but going by wideboyno1's thread on the subject, his is a Mk1 (like mine). It could well be just that I have different ECUs so don't come across the same issue as wideboy.. The injector ECU is going to be different for sure, not sure if the ABS ECU is different but mine responds fine. There's an 02 2.2 HDI for sale fairly nearby (has been for months), so maybe I should go and take a look at it, and see if my lexia can chat to the HDI :)
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

Not bought anything yet,But i did pm him and asked if it worked ok on a c5 hdi he said it does.I can only see good feedback on the link i put in my post.
evilally
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by evilally »

I can also vouch for Jim at Easy Diagnostics. Phoned him up, very helpful, sent one out special delivery the same day for £110 total (mention FCF). Works with the latest version of Diag Box and feels like a decent quality item.
'96 405 1.6 GLX with 306 GTI engine on Cat cams @ 195bhp

'05 RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup, 102k

'97 406 1.9TD, 314k.