Picasso keys

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MonkeyMark

Picasso keys

Post by MonkeyMark »

What do I need to know to get replacement remote locking fob for a picasso? 2001 version 2hdi
The current one i have works for a short while after replacing the battery but seems to drain it very quickly.

Any advice?

Cheers Mark
Happy(ish) C8 owner.
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Re: Picasso keys

Post by Ben82 »

You could go to the dealer, but be prepared to bend over, they'll probably want in excess of £300. Gallalock appear to do one, but be aware, that no-one (as far as I'm aware) has tried any remotes from them. (Ensure it is the correct one etc)

You might get away with getting a replacement shell, as it could be a button slightly making contact or so draining the battery?

Do not but a 2nd hand one from eBay, as the general consensus is they will not work.
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

are you sure the battery is going flat, or is it just a bad connection, or even bad solder joints on the board

also you are aware you should not handle these cell batteries with your fingers, as that can drain some current from it
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
MonkeyMark

Post by MonkeyMark »

Well the switches have all been tested and work fine. No dry/cracked solder joints and the case does not appear to be interfering with the buttons.

If he (as this is for a friend) buys a replacement, where is the best place to get one from and do the central locking fobs or immobiliser chips need to be reprogrammed (if so can this be done via lexia and how).

Cheer, Mark
Happy(ish) C8 owner.